Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default Testing a Yamaha breath controller

Hey, does anyone know how to test a Yamaha breath controller?

This is what the great Jonathan Fast of MIDI Solutions told me:

"I haven't looked inside a BC2 but I think it's the same as the BC3 which contains an amplifier circuit, if a voltage is applied across the tip and the sleeve the ring produces a varying voltage that is dependent on the applied breath pressure."

The BC2 is the same as the BC3, but how would I set up the test with my VOM?

(By the way, it's not doing anything in the breath control inputs of two different synths, but before either trying to fix it or throwing it away, I want to ensure that it really is kaput.)

TIA