Reid Rejsa

Default Yamaha 01v as PT MIDI Controller?

Hi Everyone, and Happy Holidays,

I'm of the belief that it should be possible to use a Yamaha 01v as a
hardware MIDI controller for Pro Tools, at least faders, pans and mutes.
I read in the Digi Control Surfaces Guide that as long as a MIDI
controller can emulate the protocol of one of these hardware devices
(such as a JL Cooper CS-10 or Mackie HUI) it should work, and you can
program the MIDI output of the 01v controls.

I'm just starting to delve into this, having downloaded some info on the
JL Cooper stuff. Has anyone done this and got it to work?

Thanks,

Reid