Shadow

Default B&W 604 S3 VS B&W 703

I have not quite yet made the plunge into seriously getting the ball
rolling on building this "pretty darn good" audio system(starting with a
clean slate, ditched the old system), so I want to know if this is what I'm
looking for. The more and more I think about it, and do research, the more
the 703 looks appealing.

I currently own a pair of B&W 604 S3s, and have powered them modeslty
and I like the sound from them, but the 703 gets my curiousity going.

The looks of the 703 and incorporation of newer technologies(namely the
FST) are also interesting. I have the black ash models of the 603s and I
like the look of those a lot, but having a black 703 would be absolutely
handsome IMO(I have to have everything black). Looks wise, the 703 is that
fine point for me, between the 604 "blending in with consumer-level home
theatre, looks-wise", and the higher end nautilus cabinets which simply
yell, "Hey, I look super fancy."

I have not yet stopped into the audio shop to discet the 703s with a
stack of cds and say one of their rotel amps(probably the 1080 will be used
to demo the 703s), so I'd like anybody's opinion who feels they can compare
the 703 to the 604 from listening experience and discuss their differences.

The 703 is where I would stop for mains, so I want to know if I should
make the step up to the 703s, or if the 604s are "darn good enough" for me
due to the price justification(703s are double the price of the 604s). If I
hear good news, and my ears like what I hear at the audio shop, I guess I'll
try to sell the 604s to make the 703 purchase a little faster(I'll use the
700 series for the entire system, except maybe the centre, I might go lcr600
for that). If it doesn't seem quiiiiiite worth it, then instead my next
stop is a rotel 1080 for the 604s.

any input appreciated, thanks