Posted to rec.audio.car
Jarrett Hurd

Default Water Damage

If u get water damage in a screen on the removable faceplate will it clear
up in the inside because right now its foggy?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Scott Gardner

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:55:44 -0800, "Jarrett Hurd"
wrote:

If u get water damage in a screen on the removable faceplate will it clear
up in the inside because right now its foggy?

As long as nothing is permanently damaged, and you don't get it wet
again, it will probably clear up. If you want to speed things up, you
could carefully warm it with a hair dryer to drive the moisture out.
Before you try that, though, I'd just bring the faceplate inside your
house for the next few days where it's warmer and drier, and let it
dry out naturally.

--
Scott Gardner

"The war isn't the war between the blacks and the whites, the liberals and the conservatives, or the Federation and the Romulans. It's between the clueful and the clueless." (an anonymous poster on cypherpunks list)

Posted to rec.audio.car
Jason Backshall

wrote:

If u get water damage in a screen on the removable faceplate will it clear
up in the inside because right now its foggy?

As long as nothing is permanently damaged, and you don't get it wet
again, it will probably clear up. If you want to speed things up, you
could carefully warm it with a hair dryer to drive the moisture out.
Before you try that, though, I'd just bring the faceplate inside your
house for the next few days where it's warmer and drier, and let it
dry out naturally.

If the unit is out of warranty, I'd reccomend opening the faceplate if at
all possible - this will certainly assist with the drying process.

Simply using a hairdryer won't really do a whole lot unless it's open, other
than evaoporating the moisture inside the faceplate (only to have it
re-condense minutes later).

J.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Scott Gardner

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:10:14 +0800, "Jason Backshall"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If u get water damage in a screen on the removable faceplate will it clear
up in the inside because right now its foggy?

As long as nothing is permanently damaged, and you don't get it wet
again, it will probably clear up. If you want to speed things up, you
could carefully warm it with a hair dryer to drive the moisture out.
Before you try that, though, I'd just bring the faceplate inside your
house for the next few days where it's warmer and drier, and let it
dry out naturally.

If the unit is out of warranty, I'd reccomend opening the faceplate if at
all possible - this will certainly assist with the drying process.

Simply using a hairdryer won't really do a whole lot unless it's open, other
than evaoporating the moisture inside the faceplate (only to have it
re-condense minutes later).

J.

Well, my thinking was that the faceplate was obviously open enough for
the water to get in, so heating the unit with a hair dryer will
re-evaporate the moisture, and cause the air inside the faceplate to
expand, forcing some of it out of the nooks and crannies and getting
it outside of the faceplate.

Of course, if he feels comfortable taking it apart first, that would
speed things up even more.

--
Scott Gardner

"You don't need to fire the rig foreman that just blew the top off the wellhead, cause you know for damned sure he'll never do it again." (Ron Gardner)