Paul Vina

Default compare JL W3 (not V2) and Kicker XPL

Which version of the XPL? The first series (with XPL on the dustcap and
ridges on the cone) sucks. The second series with the big red X sounds
fantastic. Both subs will sound great with your amp. I'd listen to both of
them and see which one you prefer, they're that close.

Paul Vina

"sf" wrote in message
om...
I currently have a 10W3 in a sealed box and I am quite happy with it.
It hits pretty hard and tight. But I want to have a little more low
end and SPL. And I still want that tight and punchy bass. Can I
achieve that goal by using a 12" Kicker XPL in a sealed box? Or
should I use a 12W3 instead? Please share your experence with these
two subs. Thank you very much.

Sub Amp: Kenwood 300W RMS

Scott

sf

My XPL has a big red X on the dust cap. I am going to intall it in a
1.0 ft^3 sealed enclosure. I will let you know how it sounds. Over
the last few days, I also listened to Infinity Reference 1030W, 1230W,
Kappa 10" SVC, and dual 10W0 (in my car with same tone settings). I
will try give you a performance report after intalling the XPL.
Again, thanks for your response.

Scott