Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob Marcus

Default Differences In Audio Components That I've Heard And Not Heard

Harry Lavo wrote:
wrote in message ...
Harry Lavo wrote:

The inconvenient fact that you don't mention is that if there is no

change
in signal due to acoustic stimulus at the auditory nerve before it gets

the brain, the 'ear-brain construct' is IRRELEVANT.

And you ignore the fact that the brains auditory processing is not simple
physical registering, but also pattern matching and the ability to make
sense out of things that in and of themselves, in isolation, may not make
sense or even "register".

C'mon. The brain can't react to a stimulus that doesn't reach it. Period.

snip

As far as I (and others of my persuasion can tell, there has never been
serious auditory research conducted either in support or against the use of
dbt abx'ng (or even a-b'ng) as a testing device *FOR THE OPEN ENDED
EVALAUTION OF AUDIO COMPONENTS*.

DBTs don't test components; they test hearing. You are claiming that human
hearing operates differently when listening to audio components than when
listening to anything else. When you come up with some evidence to support
that claim, we'll be glad to consider it.

bob

Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and
more! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/workshop/welcome.asp