Posted to rec.audio.pro
The Realm

Default Is Quantec germany a bunch of crooks?????????????

Hi,

I bought a new quantec unit/ paid for it by bank wire transfer on
august 1 2005. it's the new 24 bit, 96 khz unit, 2492 as i recall...

this was done thru Almuth at Quantec - about $2600 for new unit. i
was promised to recieve it in 2 months at most; she has constantly
given me delays saying difficulty in getting parts as the problem.

so then a month ago, she promised to send me one of their older units
made several years ago(20 bit unit) to use till the new design is
ready.

i emailed her 2 days ago and said "where is this old demo unit you
promised me"; she said they had to get a new display for it; it would
be ready to ship yesterday; and she would send me tracking number....

well, needless to say, i'm starting to really lose my patience with
these people... i am wondering if i have been scammed or something...

how the hell does this company make any money if they don't have any
products to sell...

does anyone know anything, heard anything, etc.??????????????????

i'll never buy anything again on a promise of delivery....

thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
leutholl

Can you make pressure to the company? Maybe it is worth a try - you
don't loose anything.
Germany companys are serious I never had a single problem. But I never
did business with Quantec.

Lukas Leuthold

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

I don't think they're crooks, they're just a small company having a
hard time. Why not ask for your money back and either buy something
else or try again in about six months?

Buying something that doesn't exist isn't a purchase, it's an
investment. If you can't afford to invest, then don't. Sometimes,
though, you have to do a little digging to find out if it really
exists. Quantec has been around for a long time, but they aren't
exactly a household word, have big advertising, and a large factory. If
you want a boutique product, you have to be prepared to deal with a
boutique company, and that's often flaky. Perhaps you didn't realize
that not everyone had a new Quantec 2492?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
GS

Be patient
the same happend to me and one of my customers years ago when I worked
for Hewlett Packard. My customer ordered a several 100k$ computersystem,
that was not released yet AND which was never released !!
My boss told me: You are always in a deep ****, only the depth varies....
**** happens. But Quantec has a quite good reputation but they had also
some difficulties. And they have great products.
br
GS

The Realm schrieb:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
The Realm

Default Is Quantec germany a bunch of crooks? - Followup

Almuth called me last week..

she has shipped the older demo unit for me to use till new design is
ready.

and new unit should be ready in 6 weeks...

she knew about this post on rec.audio.pro.
that was surprising.

i promised her i would post here when i get the unit...
so i will...

i've always heard good things about quantec products, that's why i
want one...but 6 months is very disconcerting and you begin to wonder
and lose faith...and think the worst...

so i will post again when i get the demo for temporary use.
and again when i receive the new designed unit...

looks like things are ok; i just got a bit worried

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:41:33 -0500, The Realm
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Animix

Sorry to see you having this problem. As a Yardstick owner, all I can say is
that you're likely to be happy with the Quantec product. It's a wonderful
piece of kit. I have considered looking into getting a 96k version myself,
but although I am 96k capable here, I use 96k so little that I doubt I could
justify the cost of a new Yardstick.

Best of luck,

DJ