Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

Default My stereo chassis live?

I have a stereo separates, Cambridge Audio, which were bought brand new last
year, and I get "tickling" when I touch any metal part of the turntable. I
have the project debut III, the CA 340 A SE (amp), 340 T (tuner), 340 C (cd)
and 540 PP (phono preamp). All stereo comp are plugged in earthed
receptacles. The earth is ok. I have personally changed all receptacles,
switches, circuit breakers etc, 6 years ago. The preamp and phono are
supplied with walwarts (low voltage). I have no sound problems, all is well
except this phantom voltage. BTW, my stereo is plugged in a receptacle that
has a dedicated pigtail (?) with its own 16 A circuit breaker (230 V).

TIA,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes a brushed aluminum surface will tickle like an electrical charge
when none is present. Old Marantz receivers are somewhat noted for this.

Do these pieces have brushed metal?

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

? "Mark Zacharias" ???a?e st? µ???µa
[...]

Yes, all their chassis are made entirely of brushed aluminium. My vendor
told me to reverse a plug (change its polarity-all receptacles in EU are
unpolarized), which I did (the amp's plug) and I think it worked. Thanks
anyway. (I am planning to get a second hand tape deck, from the same vendor.
I could just as well get one from ebay, but the greek ebay is still in its
infancy, and it would be difficult and expensive to get one from german
ebay)

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
mechanized infantry reservist
hordad AT otenet DOT gr

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitris Tzortzakakis Dimitris is offline

? "Mark Zacharias" ???a?e st? µ???µa
[...]

Yes, but that was not my case. When I touched the screw of the turntable,
that connects to its earthing cable, I got "tickling". After some search, I
found out my power strip's earthing "clamps" (the things that make contact
to earth metal strips on the plug) were loose. I pulled them with a
screwdriver, and I think the problem is solved (also poor earth contact).