Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default GOT IT

Gary Eckmeier wrote: "Thanks for all the posts and help. "

Glad you cracked that nut! Typically
always some setting or update needed
in WINDOWS. No wonder nobody can
stand them....
Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson wrote: "- show quoted text -
He says, posting using Google Groups, the worst usenet interface known
to man.
"

Go CHANGE YOUR DIAPER ya crybaby!
The message got sent, that's all that matters!

Sheez, you sound like the Boeing fan who
got booked on an Airbus one time out of
ten and had a hissy fit about it...

Back.

to.

A U D I O.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

I told you it was a driver issue on April 3

Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: "pmle"

????

What planet am I on?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 09/04/2016 14:10, wrote:
geoff wrote: "pmle"

????

What planet am I on?

Probably not the same one as we are on.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

theckma @ sbdf.doh wrote in message
geoff wrote: "pmle"

????

What planet am I on?

PDF!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 03:18:12 -0400 "Gary Eickmeier"
wrote in article dRINy.6681$r8.4893
@fx15.iad
The Soundblaster people sent me a response that I just need to update a
driver for Windows 10

+1!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: "On 8/04/2016 10:46 PM, wrote:
Yet another thing that you apparently don't comprehend. A device driver
for a particular device is not actually a part of Windows, and is not
produced by Microsoft.

A hardware vendor company can cock up (and hopefully fix) a Win driver
just as they can a driver for any other OS.

geoff "

Thanks for sharing that. Unfortunately I
have an I.T.(Information Tech) degree, so
I didn't know any of that until you explained
it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

thekkkkkhhhmaaaah @ shortbus . dumb**** . org wrote in message
Unfortunately I have an I.T.(Information Tech) degree

Yeah, that is unfortunate, especially since you can't even add 1+1,
and you can't even read numbers (as you have boasted). Was that the
two-year degree that took you six years to finish? FCKWAFA.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 4/10/2016 3:51 PM, geoff wrote:

Jeepers, the slipping standards for the awarding of degrees these days...

"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" -- John Watkinson,
Resolution Magazine

QED

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 4:39:55 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/10/2016 3:51 PM, geoff wrote:

Jeepers, the slipping standards for the awarding of degrees these days....

"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" -- John Watkinson,
Resolution Magazine

Everyone is on the computer kick to enhance audio. Just like this Microsoft Surface RT tablet, has auto volume control, sounds like crap. Same with Dell, cluttered audio crap gadgets, you can't actually turn off. Well, you can, but it sounds less than "flat". Computers are made for stupid people, that's a given. For the same ones that couldn't remember a handful of DOS commands.

Anyway, Bill Gates must have hired some Americans, they fixed Windows 7 Pro Explorer crashing while copying/moving files!! Whoa!

Jack

QED

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_] cedricl[_2_] is offline

Default DD5.1 Has Got Me Beat

If you're dealing with the new Windows 10 with the built in surround, so far, it only works in the Windows browser, not in a DAW. I came across this doing their launch presentation. The Dolby guy wanted to do a demo showing the surround capability of the new Windows 10 system but we couldn't get it to work with an audio interface. We went through two different interfaces. I had him buy the latest Safire unit that supported Windows 10. No luck. So, apparently, the surround system in Windows 10 is a "closed system" that has limited usage.

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 8:20:14 PM UTC-7, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I have this nice new computer, Dell XPS-8700 with Intel i7 processor, 12 G
RAM, and NVidea graphics card. I think the sound card is a built-in but it
has all 5.1 channels, and all channels work in the Windows setup screen. You
can test each speaker and the test tone comes out of the appropriate one. So
all 6 outputs are operational.

But go into Adobe Audition 5.5 and try to do surround sound, and I can't
even map the sound to the appropriate channels. It behaves as if there were
only the two stereo channels. Instructions not real clear, playing around
not very productive. Either there is some revelation I have yet to discover,
or I need a new, better sound card.

Anyone? Has anyone out there done 5.1 surround like this yet?

Gary Eickmeier