Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Mono vs Stereo

A contributor to my site asked if I had a particular song, Everlasting Love, by Robert Knight (1967). He's been such a nice contributor, I bought a CD just for him, for that song (later I remembered I have it on a various artists CD, somewhere).

I played the song, remembering what it sounded like on radio, and the stereo version was so weak sounding. Then it dawned on me, what they played on (FM) radio was the Mono version. The Stereo version, while nice, is just poorly mixed and doesn't compare to the mono version. Sadly, session tapes are gone and remixing isn't possible. CD claims "Master Tapes" used. And since tape noise isn't an issue, I have to assume it is true.

I didn't want to give the contributor such as weak sounding song, so I STRUGGLED to get it to sound halfway decent, but still not pleased...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...lonelygirl.mp3

Even KMA Rock dude can see it is near or at brick-walled sound.

Jack

More Stereo from Mono JackA Pro Audio 24 March 16th 16 07:54 PM
Stereo from Mono JackA Pro Audio 132 March 10th 16 12:06 AM
Stereo or Mono audio track when digitizing a mono record in PT? Julie Abel Pro Audio 3 December 19th 09 12:14 PM
Two Mono into One Stereo Polar Pro Audio 4 November 7th 05 11:08 PM
mono/stereo/dif.... Bob Pro Audio 4 October 9th 04 03:22 AM