Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_2_] Ralph Barone[_2_] is offline

Default How to homogenize volume of MP3s from differing sources.

Gareth Magennis wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message ...

On 10/02/2016 7:33 AM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
I don't ever use this function, but in mp3direct you can select part of
an mp3 and change the gain of just that section, then save it.
So I assume that means that the playback gain is not a global setting
for that track, but continuously variable, with continuous gain data
within the track?

Not actually continuously variable as such, but gain setting of
individual blocks. So you are confined to changing withing the block
boundaries, even if it is not obvious.

Trevor.

Thanks.

So in theory you could write a comp/lim mp3 processor, but it might be a bit
gritty!

Gareth.

So 75 ms at a time then?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Excuse me Ralph, KMan, even Trevor doesn't LISTEN to music, since he claimed the Stone Poney song I posted wasn't a different stereo mix. Make me wonder why these Pros actually listen to.

Jack