Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default OT id this old film

Hi,

completely OT, but this is driving me nuts.

There's a famous old film where, right at the end possibly, a man is holding
on to a rocket which I think is crashing to the ground.
He is screaming or whooping as it goes down.

Reason I'm asking is because I saw this clip a few months ago, on some kind
of "best films ever made" on Youtube or something (after a few glasses of
wine, as you do).
I recognised the scream immediately as a sample used on an old track I used
to know very well.

But now I can't find that track, or now id the film it was sampled from. I
thought it was Orson Welles, but still can't find it.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom McCreadie Tom McCreadie is offline

Stanley Kubricks's "Dr. Strangelove"?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Gareth Magennis wrote:

There's a famous old film where, right at the end possibly, a man is holding
on to a rocket which I think is crashing to the ground.
He is screaming or whooping as it goes down.

It is likely Slim Pickins riding the bomb down in Dr. Strangelove.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Tom McCreadie" wrote in message
Stanley Kubricks's "Dr. Strangelove"?

Yes, "Dr. Strangelove". Slim Pickens as Major T.J. "King" Kong.
Yee-haw.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

That's it!! Excellent!

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...

Hi,

completely OT, but this is driving me nuts.

There's a famous old film where, right at the end possibly, a man is holding
on to a rocket which I think is crashing to the ground.
He is screaming or whooping as it goes down.

Reason I'm asking is because I saw this clip a few months ago, on some kind
of "best films ever made" on Youtube or something (after a few glasses of
wine, as you do).
I recognised the scream immediately as a sample used on an old track I used
to know very well.

But now I can't find that track, or now id the film it was sampled from. I
thought it was Orson Welles, but still can't find it.

Found the track.
I thought it was this one but didn't consider it might have been a remix I
remembered, so couldn't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSVJ...ature=youtu.be

Probably not to most peoples' tastes on this board, but, hey, I like it.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Gossip about Film Industry,Film Stars,Their Lives and Lifestyle prajy Vacuum Tubes 0 April 11th 09 06:25 PM
HD Film [email protected] Audio Opinions 0 June 19th 07 07:25 PM
HD Film [email protected] Pro Audio 0 June 19th 07 07:23 PM
????10U Film Caps???? Serge Stodolnik Pro Audio 2 February 1st 05 03:24 PM
Mixing to 35-mm film Jonathan York Pro Audio 11 November 4th 04 12:46 AM