Peter Doherty

Default Old Sony tape deck constant turning tape over

I have a 16 year old car that I bought in January, and the tape deck looks
almost as old as the car. I just tried it out recently, and whenever a tape
is in there, it just turns the tape over (the auto reverse thing) and it
keeps turning it over and over and over...I rewound the tape, flipped it,
ejected it, everything, no change.

Anyone have any suggestions on a possible quick fix? Or even an involved
fix?
Thanks.

--Peter

Peter Doherty

you were right, I should of known, I've replaced a half dozen belts on Sony
tape players....
the only problem is...getting a replacement belt is next to impossible.

"CJK" wrote in message
needs a new belt

pretty easy fix

Christian
"Peter Doherty" wrote in message
I have a 16 year old car that I bought in January, and the tape deck

looks
almost as old as the car. I just tried it out recently, and whenever a

tape
is in there, it just turns the tape over (the auto reverse thing) and it
keeps turning it over and over and over...I rewound the tape, flipped

it,
ejected it, everything, no change.

Anyone have any suggestions on a possible quick fix? Or even an

involved
fix?
Thanks.

--Peter

John Durbin

I'd be surprised if you couldn't order that belt directly from Sony's
parts service in KC ... and most of my local electronics supply houses
have generic belts from one supplier or another that usually have a
compatible match.

JD

Peter Doherty wrote:

you were right, I should of known, I've replaced a half dozen belts on Sony
tape players....
the only problem is...getting a replacement belt is next to impossible.

. ..