Posted to rec.audio.car
keith keith is offline

Default HU's??

Hi everyone,

OK, I know that there have been some recent posts HU
recommendations, but I haven't seen specifics discussed that I'm
looking for, and I've been out of the loop for a couple of years.
There's lots of new tech out there that I'm not up on.

OK, The rest of the system that's going in:

If I go big:
ESX Quantum 120^2 going to Morel mid-bass
ESX Q60^4 to Morel tweets, and a/d/s/ rear 6.5's
ESX Q475^1 going to Sub - TBD, but I'd love to run an Adire Audio
Brahma 12...

OR

Keepin it simple:
a/d/s/ PH15 to front stage, and the ESX Q120^2 going to a couple of 2
ohm 10's - rear stage run off HU... I just haven't quite decided yet.

Here's what I'm looking for:

MP3/WMA capability of course
Front AUX input, absolutely 1/4" headphone jack, but I like the idea
of the USB input too (if that'll control my i pod too)
Good equalization - and sub control too
at least front and sub pre-outs
Well laid out faceplate
~$200 price range

I've looked at the Pioneer DEH6800, and other than the lack of USB
input, I like it - but the knob control looks like it'd break easily

Also, there was a JVC model that did have 1/4" and USB input, but the
faceplate was gaudy, and not well laid out.

I've read and heard some not-so-good things about the newer Alpines

Kenwood has never impressed me, but is there anything I should look
at?

I check my email more than the NG, so if you feel like it, CC me at
conversionfactor at hotmail dot com

Thanks,
Keith