Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default harmonics

What exactly causes harmonics?

I generated a 1000 Hz wave in Goldwave and viewed its spectrum - no
harmonics.

Then I sent it through a comm system and viewed the output spectrum -
saw a spike at 2000 Hz (as well as the obvious one at 1000 Hz).

Any ideas?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jim

wrote in message
oups.com...
What exactly causes harmonics?

A non-linear amplifier.
Jim

I generated a 1000 Hz wave in Goldwave and viewed its spectrum - no
harmonics.

Then I sent it through a comm system and viewed the output spectrum -
saw a spike at 2000 Hz (as well as the obvious one at 1000 Hz).

Any ideas?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T

wrote in message
oups.com...
You aren't, by any chance, working on a school project, are you?

That was my guess after his first post. It looks even more likely now.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
David Nebenzahl

Mr.T spake thus:

wrote in message
oups.com...

You aren't, by any chance, working on a school project, are you?

That was my guess after his first post. It looks even more likely now.

So what's the going rate for doing someone's homework these days?

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"