DAJ

Default How to play mp3 player thru vehicle dvd player auxiliary input

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Venture mini van with factory installed dvd
player that has an auxiliary input for video and right and left audio.
If I connect the audio line out(R+L) from my mp3 player to the 2 audio
RCA jacks on the dvd player and play my mp3 player there is no sound.
If I connect just a cable to the video jack on the dvd player there is
still no sound.
If I then connect my camcorder video out to the dvd player and then
play my camcorder then the mp3 player sound comes thru the vehicle's
sound system.
So, it appears that the,"video in" jack on the dvd player must have
some sort of input it can recognize that will allow it to accept the
audio input from my mp3 player.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on what I can use to connect
to the, "video in" jack on the dvd player instead of having to connect
and play my camcorder in order to listen to my mp3 player on the
vehicle's sound system.
Thanks.
Don