Jordan Skoblenick

Default Pace PE-7070

I have this old Pace Graphical Equalizer kicking around and I must have lost
the wiring diagrams for it a long time ago, because they are nowhere to be
found. Does anyone have the diagram for it? Obviously I know red is +12v and
black is GND but I need to know more than that
J Skoba

Scott Gardner

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:15:00 -0500, "Jordan Skoblenick"
wrote:

I have this old Pace Graphical Equalizer kicking around and I must have lost
the wiring diagrams for it a long time ago, because they are nowhere to be
found. Does anyone have the diagram for it? Obviously I know red is +12v and
black is GND but I need to know more than that
J Skoba

How many connections are there? If you describe them, we may be able
to identify them. The likely suspects I can think of a

Power
Ground
Remote turn-on (if it's not a dash-mount EQ with a power button)
RCA input
RCA output
Phantom Power (would probably be a DIN-style connector)

Let us know what it looks like, and I'm sure we can help.

--
Scott Gardner

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." (Leonardo da Vinci)

Jordan Skoblenick

Ok here goes:
Thick Red (+12)
Thick Black (GND)

In The Connector With 3 Wires:
Black | Black
Blue | Blue
White | White

In The Connector With 6 Wires:
Yellow | Black
Blue | Red
Red | Blue
White | White
Green | Yellow
Grey | White

Note: | represents the connector. (With the 6 wire connector, there are
different colours of wires on either side)

Also, there are two RCA "High Impedence Inputs" on the back, and there is a
power button and fader on the front.
Hope this helps.
J Skoba

wrote:

[...]

you don't need a diagram to figure that out. It's too easy for me.
Look at the
color. Red is a +12v. Ground is black, yellow is a memory power. grey
and
Left front speak. It's damn easy. Just look at the diagram of other Eq
wires.
You can use that.

Jordan Skoblenick

OK well you see the thing is, why would an equalizer WITH A POWER BUTTON ON
THE FRONT have a memory wire?! It wouldnt do anything at all. And incase you
didnt even read my post, theres NO DAMN GREY WIRE!
J Skoba

wrote in message
oups.com...

you don't need a diagram to figure that out. It's too easy for me.
Look at the
color. Red is a +12v. Ground is black, yellow is a memory power. grey
and
Left front speak. It's damn easy. Just look at the diagram of other Eq
wires.
You can use that.

joe.ker

If it's a digital EQ it may need a memory wire to remember how you have it
set. Otherwise you will have to chage it back to your settings every time
you power it up. From The wire colors you gave, It does not look like it
uses standard color code. The 3 wire plug is probably speaker level input,
and if it is then it could only be used with common ground output units
(units with less than 10 watts). The 6 pin harness is probably the speaker
outputs. This EQ would not have much use the most newer units as they are
already high power.

--
The Clown Prince of This, That, and the other Thing

"Jordan Skoblenick" wrote in message
. ..
OK well you see the thing is, why would an equalizer WITH A POWER BUTTON

ON
THE FRONT have a memory wire?! It wouldnt do anything at all. And incase

you
didnt even read my post, theres NO DAMN GREY WIRE!
J Skoba

wrote in message
oups.com...

you don't need a diagram to figure that out. It's too easy for me.
Look at the
color. Red is a +12v. Ground is black, yellow is a memory power. grey
and
Left front speak. It's damn easy. Just look at the diagram of other Eq
wires.
You can use that.

joe.ker

If it has the sliders then there is no memory wire.
Yes you can use the rca inputs.
I would guess the 6 pin plug with the different colors is not the correct
harness.
noe this is just a best guess, but it looks like is is using old Audiovox
color codes.
If that is the case my best guess on the speaker outputs would be..

Yellow | Black - Right Rear +
Blue | Red - Right front +
Red | Blue - Left rear +
White | White - Left front +
Green | Yellow - Right -
Grey | White - Left -

Truth be told. if you already have a High power radio, this EQ could take
away from the sound rather that add to it. You could also increase your
chances of getting motor noise.
IMO I would not use this EQ

Anyone else out there familar with old Style audiovox color codes?

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"Jordan Skoblenick" wrote in message
. ..
If the three pin harness is the speaker level inputs and can only handle
around ten watts, then what is the "High Impedence Input" for? Couldn't

you
just hook that up to the RCA outs on the back of the HU? And btw its not a
digital, its got the sliders on the front of it. But I got it for free so
instead of scrapping it Id like to get it working if possible... Any more
ideas?
J Skoba

"joe.ker" wrote in message
[...]

oups.com...