stagger

Default S10 imaging

Hi, I have a 2K S-10 Reg cab that Im getting ready to pull out the
Factory stereo and put in a new system.

For front Speakers Seems like I have 3 choices, and was wondering what
would give me the best sound, and Imaging.

1- put in 6.5 co/ax in the door locations.

2- Put in both 6.5 Co/Ax in the door, and 4X6 Co/ax in the dash.

3- Put in seperates with the drivers in the door, and the tweeters in
the dash. (I really dont want to mount the tweeters on the door for
security reasons, plus I currently have this setup in my car and
dislike the tweeters too far away and on a different Axis than the
driver)

Any suggestions what I should do?

Also if it helps, Im going with an Alpine Head for the Time Correction,
and a 8" sub (All I can fit) in a sealed box behind the seat in regular
cab.

Thanks in Advance....

A nice set of Coaxs or components that you can mount the tweet on top
of the woofer would be the best.

You want the tweet as close to the woof as possible. Puting it away
AND facing a diff direction will be bad,. Same goes for having the door
coaxs and dash coaxs going at the same time. No Bueno.

Do they make kick panels for that truck?

Dark1

wrote in message
oups.com...
A nice set of Coaxs or components that you can mount the tweet on top
of the woofer would be the best.

You want the tweet as close to the woof as possible. Puting it away
AND facing a diff direction will be bad,. Same goes for having the door
coaxs and dash coaxs going at the same time. No Bueno.

Do they make kick panels for that truck?

I'd have to disagree a in a way, I've had some good results with the imaging
of dash mounts when you have doors/kicks for midbass..
I would go with 6.5" dedicated midbass drivers in the doors, and a good set
of 4x6 coaxes, or plates (if you can come up with an actual decent plate) in
the dash, high passed above what the doors will play.. with time correction
and a little experimenting with the crossover point it could sound VERY
good..

what kind of budget are you thinking?

Where were the dash mounted speakers? Up near the windsheild? Or down
near your legs?

stagger

Using the stock locations for the dash, which is firing up towards the
windshield

Ok. I imagine you could get an ok result with that. Overall you still
want the tweet as close to the woof as possible if running seperates.

stagger

Ok, thanks for all your help. I may just put a pair of co/ax in the
doors for now and see what that does, or go with seperates and do a
custom mount of the tweeter in the center of the woofer.

John Durbin

My kid has a 99, and that thing rocks with 6.5" midbasses in the doors,
4"/tweeter plate in the dash, plus a heavy duty 8" sub in wedgebox
behind driver's seat. We used Directed Studio stuff for the front and a
prototype 8 plus Viper 450.5 amp to power it and an extra 2-way active
crossover ahead of the amp to set up the bandpass to the midbasses. None
of that is current product but you should be able to find comparable
gear if you dig around a little though.

JD

stagger wrote:
[...]

Chad Wahls

"stagger" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I have a Dakota reg cab and did 6.5" in the doors and tweets in the kick
panel, been quite happy with it, I've never liked tweets on the dash, or
that far from the mid for that matter.

I bet you can get a 10" in there

Chad

Chad Wahls

"John Durbin" wrote in message
My kid has a 99, and that thing rocks with 6.5" midbasses in the doors,
4"/tweeter plate in the dash, plus a heavy duty 8" sub in wedgebox behind
driver's seat. We used Directed Studio stuff for the front and a prototype
8 plus Viper 450.5 amp to power it and an extra 2-way active crossover
ahead of the amp to set up the bandpass to the midbasses. None of that is
current product but you should be able to find comparable gear if you dig
around a little though.

JD

I wish my dad worked for directed when I was a kid My kid just has a dad
that knows a bunch of rock-stars

Chad

Jim

I had a 2000 Ext. Cab S-10, I used a Vifa 6.5" midbass in the door,
and then a Morel MDT-30 in the dash location. Sounded incredible. I
used a custom crossover that a local speaker shop whipped up for me,
12 dB/octave. Gave them 80 watts each with a a/d/s/ PQ20.

Have same setup in my 03 Blazer, and it sounds just as good. I just
have them running off deck power.

On 17 Mar 2005 13:01:07 -0800, "stagger" wrote:

[...]

MZ

Ok. I imagine you could get an ok result with that. Overall you still
want the tweet as close to the woof as possible if running seperates.

Nah, you can get good results the other way too.

rockfords10 rockfords10 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger
[...]

Hi,I've got a 2001 extreme.Mine is ext cab,so I've got a ton of gear in my install.As for the speakers I chose was all fosgate equipment with 4" & tweets in a plate I made that would fit under the factory grill,then a set of q logic kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweets in the kick panels,and a set of 6 1/2" mid bass drivers in the factory locations. My truck rocks with this set up! And it will fit just as easy in a regular cab.As long as you have enough room for amps,etc.