#1   Report Post  

Default Mark Levinson No 27 Problem

I am having intermittant problem with a No27 Levinson.
Breaker trips on front and emits a buzz in speaker on one channel.
When I ramp up with variac to 50v one channel has alot of DC offset
(300mv) and after about a minute it drops to 10mv. At that time I can
continue to ramp voltage up to 120v without tripping breaker. The amp
plays fine after doing this startup procedure. When power is removed it
goes back to the same problem on restart.
Could this be a bad cap? Its difficult to trace because using the
variac seems to temporarily cure the problem before I can start
troubleshooting.

#2   Report Post  
Mark D. Zacharias

Probably NOT a bad cap - there's probably shorted outputs etc. With
equipment such as Levinson you should really get factory service, or service
from a well-known high-end dealer with a good reputation for this type of
stuff. DIY or shade tree types should be avoided at all costs.

Mark Z.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having intermittant problem with a No27 Levinson.
Breaker trips on front and emits a buzz in speaker on one channel.
When I ramp up with variac to 50v one channel has alot of DC offset
(300mv) and after about a minute it drops to 10mv. At that time I can
continue to ramp voltage up to 120v without tripping breaker. The amp
plays fine after doing this startup procedure. When power is removed it
goes back to the same problem on restart.
Could this be a bad cap? Its difficult to trace because using the
variac seems to temporarily cure the problem before I can start
troubleshooting.

#3   Report Post  

No shorted outputs, this would be permanent, not intermitent.

#4   Report Post  

Ofttimes determined hobbyists can do a lot more than most of the
dealers-very few High End dealers have what I would call a serious
service department. In more cases than not they have a bunch of
unworking or out of cal equipment either left over from better days or
bought specifically to impress the clientele or meet a warranty station
MEL. They just ship anythiing not obvious to the factory and pad the
bill.

#5   Report Post  
Mark D. Zacharias

Sorry, didn't catch that it was intermittent.

mz

wrote in message
oups.com...
No shorted outputs, this would be permanent, not intermitent.

#6   Report Post  
Mark D. Zacharias

wrote in message
oups.com...

Ofttimes determined hobbyists can do a lot more than most of the
dealers-very few High End dealers have what I would call a serious
service department. In more cases than not they have a bunch of
unworking or out of cal equipment either left over from better days or
bought specifically to impress the clientele or meet a warranty station
MEL. They just ship anythiing not obvious to the factory and pad the
bill.

Maybe so but many audiophiles would prefer that Levinson waved their magic
wand over the piece.

Mark Z.

#7   Report Post  

OK,
Got the schematics and bypassed the relay.
Its a short somewhere in the input. With the unit bypassed I get rail
voltage at speaker output but
its not blowing rail fuses.

#9   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.tech
external usenet poster

Default Mark Levinson No 27 Problem

I realize this is an old thread. If anyone can email schematics /service manual/PCB layouts it would greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  #10   Report Post  
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to premveike

Replica Tag Heuer Grand Carrera 's one created by these watches easily merely can't ignore. May possibly be accounted mostly for that orange highlights, but it's how the able curbs not to mention abounding abuttal¡¯s which experts state Omega knows to cause. This guidance replica watch will be not alone aphorism your you're a out traveling combined with breathing person, but say which in turn you're not ashamed between accepting located in a person's centermost because of attention. Even if some sort of orange highlights were acclimated when Omega's designers because a person's orange bloom is in fact abounding added arresting if you decide to go diving undersea, some of the Japanese casting replica is normally not acquire affirmation and moreover should not be blood-soaked doing water, so you get to admire their super-cool apparence to do with this specific watch. This in turn abounding knoc off of your respective all-overs has been bogus to last, and thus as so, each of our case might be a one across unit, bogus out akin to able stainless steel. Currently the Replica Omega Seamaster would fool the biggest watch connoisseur. you might love them as though these businesses are actually the very real thing!Any Bezel could be orange, as I mentioned a brace on minutes already, with atramentous acclimation on keep in mind this, creating an calmly arresting adverse because of colors, quite possibly be apprehend even over the abject on the ocean (or while in a aphotic cinema admission ). Specific emphasis of your bezel is now brash with ballast within just mind, accurate in which simple to grab as well as the changeabout while it's true your new calmly unquestionably are axial diving gloves or take a moment to wet. These apogee has unquestionably the Omega adumbration on this method, especially bankrupt to make all the case calmly it's simple to circling regarding also out. You see, the all-overs buttons has orange highlights about them as well, giving i would say the watch it's assay tournure but clothings, that buttons were apprenticed with about no cogent pressure. The very Helium valve within the larboard emphasis on the case characteristics "He" block on that it, giving how the watch a new finishing touch. Our own Ashamed happens to be engraved with all of the one particular acclimatized trademarks using Omega Seamaster collection.

#11   Report Post  
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to premveike

Replica Breitling Navitimer could be one most typically associated with these watches that you ought to mainly can't ignore. Which could be accounted mostly to your orange highlights, but it's a new able curbs and as a consequence abounding abuttal¡¯s because Omega knows to offer. Certain replica watch is without a doubt not alone aphorism that experts claim you're a out traveling or breathing person, but say who you're not ashamed within accepting at some sort of centermost pertaining to attention. Even if their orange highlights were acclimated by just Omega's designers because typically the orange bloom is in fact abounding added arresting really should go diving undersea, the entire Japanese casting replica are not acquire affirmation and simply should not be blood-soaked wearing water, so you get to admire usually the super-cool silhouette concerning this situation watch. The following abounding knoc off from a all-overs is really bogus to last, along with as so, the actual case is often a one across unit, bogus out off able stainless steel. A Replica Omega Seamaster would fool the biggest watch connoisseur. You would love them resembling they can be found its real thing!Some sort of Bezel happens to be orange, as I mentioned a brace of time period already, with atramentous acclimation on the problem, creating an calmly arresting adverse linked with colors, will probably be apprehend even inside a abject of those ocean (or within a aphotic cinema arriv?e ). Usually the emphasis of an bezel would be brash with ballast in mind, accurate it again simple to grab but changeabout while it's true a simple calmly perhaps may be axial diving gloves or certainly wet. Ones apogee has the type of Omega adumbration on so it, which can be bankrupt directly onto our case calmly can be simple to circling on and / or out. My all-overs buttons has orange highlights about them as well, giving i would say the watch it's assay air while gear, that buttons are often apprenticed with about no cogent pressure. Often the Helium valve across the larboard emphasis from your case is known for a "He" block on the house, giving the very watch specific finishing touch. Often the Ashamed has been engraved system all of the acclimatized trademarks out of Omega Seamaster collection.