psongman

Default Reliable companies that duplicate or replicate your CD?

Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).
I have to tell you, I have never been so disappointed in my entire
life. Either they don't seem to understand what you are aiming at, run
really shaky enterprises, or don't want to get involved unless there
is gold at the end of the song rainbow. If someone can assist me with
connecting with a cd duplication or replication company, that can help
me "get my cd done for Christmas", then please step forward and send
me in the proper direction. I know there are some in this newsgroup
who have entered in deeper than I have to the CD finalizing process.
Thanks for listening, Derrick
Scott Dorsey

psongman wrote:
Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).
I have to tell you, I have never been so disappointed in my entire
life. Either they don't seem to understand what you are aiming at, run
really shaky enterprises, or don't want to get involved unless there
is gold at the end of the song rainbow. If someone can assist me with
connecting with a cd duplication or replication company, that can help
me "get my cd done for Christmas", then please step forward and send
me in the proper direction. I know there are some in this newsgroup
who have entered in deeper than I have to the CD finalizing process.

I seriously doubt ANYONE can do anything for Christmas at this point.
You're about a month late... the Christmas season is total chaos and
everybody wants their records in stores by Thanksgiving but lots of
them don't make it. It's a total crunch overe here.

But I will say Oasis is a good outfit. Europadisk has done nice work
for me for decades. Diskmakers is a little bit more expensive for
similar work, but they are honest and if they say they can do it by
Christmas, they can. I think you'll really find it impossible to
find anyone to commit to three weeks at this time of year.

John L Rice

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
psongman wrote:
[...]

I've never used this service and I haven't heard if they do a decent job or
not but Musicians Friend is always advertising their 'DiskFaktory' service.
They promote that they have 7 to 10 business day and 24 hour rush turn
around services, with some restrictions :
http://www.diskfaktory.com/enter/009...9&src=MFDF0000

Best of luck!

John L Rice

Eric K. Weber

If CDR's will work you could try our local shop who does mostly data CDR's
and may not be as busy as the shops who do most of their business in music
http://www.thecdduplicator.com/ inserts are color laser....

Rgds:
Eric

www.webermusic.com

EricK

psongman wrote:
Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).

Are you just looking for the discs, or do you need packaging too? I used
this guy recently:
http://www.yourmusiconcd.com/

I just needed two batches of 50 discs. Just the discs, with black
thermal print, so I can't vouch for his packaging quality. But I was
quite happy with the service and quality I received. I found an ad in
the back of one of the magazines and he seemed to have the lowest prices
for what I was looking for. I contacted him only via email. He turned my
order around very quickly. It took only a few days for him to ship my
order from the time he received my masters.

I understand your frustration with the "run around" you have been
experiencing. I have had the same experiences previously. Phone calls
and emails with no replies. Just a general air of confusion. But this
last guy, I felt, took care of me. I will definitely use him again.

For whatever it's worth........

--
Eric

www.Raw-Tracks.com

Benjamin Maas

You ain't going to get replicated CDs by Christmas- you need to generally
have them in by the beginning of November for that to happen.

I have had good luck for my replication needs with Healy Disc in Canada or
CDS here in LA. They are a broker and deal with JVC and Sonopress for their
replication.

--Ben

--
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio

Please remove "Nospam" from address for replies

"psongman" wrote in message
m...
Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).
I have to tell you, I have never been so disappointed in my entire
life. Either they don't seem to understand what you are aiming at, run
really shaky enterprises, or don't want to get involved unless there
is gold at the end of the song rainbow. If someone can assist me with
connecting with a cd duplication or replication company, that can help
me "get my cd done for Christmas", then please step forward and send
me in the proper direction. I know there are some in this newsgroup
who have entered in deeper than I have to the CD finalizing process.
Thanks for listening, Derrick

hank alrich

psongman wrote:

Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).
I have to tell you, I have never been so disappointed in my entire
life. Either they don't seem to understand what you are aiming at, run
really shaky enterprises, or don't want to get involved unless there
is gold at the end of the song rainbow. If someone can assist me with
connecting with a cd duplication or replication company, that can help
me "get my cd done for Christmas", then please step forward and send
me in the proper direction. I know there are some in this newsgroup
who have entered in deeper than I have to the CD finalizing process.
Thanks for listening, Derrick

You are about two months, minimum, late getting your CD out "for
Christmas", and smilar behavior by many of your peers has the
replicators tearing their hair out trying to find the pices they need
that your pals didn't send, so the order can get out and make room for
the next one and...

--
ha

T Maki

Be a little more specific on what it is you're after.

Are you looking for duplicated CDRs?

Do you require fully packaged ("retail ready"), bar-coded
product?

How much are you willing to do yourself? Is the artwork for
insert/label ready or do you need some layout work with your
raw materials? Is text in place or do you need writing?

Do you require silkscreened labeling or will another
labeling technique be sufficient?

Are you willing to job out the different parts of the
project and you assemble?

Do you require any "special" packaging - double or multi-CD
tray, color/clear J-case/tray, slim tray, etc.?

Lots of variables. You've got to be specific on what it is
you're "aiming at" for anybody to be able to help. If you
want a couple of hundred duplicated CDRs on spindles, I can
turn those for you in a few hours (T-Y, 80-minute), you pay
shipping from southern California. If you need more than
that, you're pretty much SOL for this year, unless you job
out the components.

If all you need are a few ( 50) to give as gifts - or
whatever - by this Christmas, you shouldn't have a problem
if you're willing to do some of the work of assembly. Take
your artwork to a local printer (digital Xerox is
spectacular when correctly done), and be prepared to
clearly communicate what you need to the several trades
involved in getting it done for you.

If you're located in a town of any substantial size, there
shouldn't be any trouble getting what you need with a little
legwork on your part. If you need many hundreds or thousands
retail ready, get out your day planner for next year and
write in big red letters
sometime in the June section "GET STUFF TOGETHER FOR 2005
CHRISTMAS CD - DO IT NOW!"

Good luck.

TM

psongman wrote:

Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).
I have to tell you, I have never been so disappointed in my entire
life. Either they don't seem to understand what you are aiming at, run
really shaky enterprises, or don't want to get involved unless there
is gold at the end of the song rainbow. If someone can assist me with
connecting with a cd duplication or replication company, that can help
me "get my cd done for Christmas", then please step forward and send
me in the proper direction.

Scott Dorsey

EricK wrote:
psongman wrote:
Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).

Are you just looking for the discs, or do you need packaging too? I used
this guy recently:
http://www.yourmusiconcd.com/

I just needed two batches of 50 discs. Just the discs, with black
thermal print, so I can't vouch for his packaging quality. But I was
quite happy with the service and quality I received. I found an ad in
the back of one of the magazines and he seemed to have the lowest prices
for what I was looking for. I contacted him only via email. He turned my
order around very quickly. It took only a few days for him to ship my
order from the time he received my masters.

I have used this guy for about six or seven years now, and he is a very
helpful fellow. He has been making some wacky errors recently, so I would
be careful to spot-check his work, but he still does reasonable and VERY
inexpensive editing and CD-R duplication work. And he is honest, which is
probably the most important part.

I understand your frustration with the "run around" you have been
experiencing. I have had the same experiences previously. Phone calls
and emails with no replies. Just a general air of confusion. But this
last guy, I felt, took care of me. I will definitely use him again.

I like him. BUT, I bet that he is swamped this time of year, like the rest
of us.

EricK

Scott Dorsey wrote:
I have used this guy for about six or seven years now, and he is a very
helpful fellow. He has been making some wacky errors recently, so I would
be careful to spot-check his work, but he still does reasonable and VERY
inexpensive editing and CD-R duplication work. And he is honest, which is
probably the most important part.

Hey Scott,

Glad to hear of someone else who uses him. Like I said, I have only used
him once and had a good experience. Knowing that you have used him for
years makes me feel even more secure about using him in the future.

--
Eric

www.Raw-Tracks.com

psongman

Hi, thanks to all for the help. I guess replicating is out for this
year, though a few have said they could do it kinda swiftly. I found
out some of the reasons why I have been getting a bit of a
runaround...i.e. most of the shops don't really do the duping, it's
all farmed out, they make it seem like they are the ones doing it but
really most are just middle men. The companies that really do the
physical parts are the ones who can handle the short notice. The other
problem I am running into is they are making a big deal about the
labeling, I just want the Title, My Name, and the 10 songs, in black
print. So, if there is any more info then please redirect. Did I
mention that after the holidays, I want my regular CD replicated,
probably 500-1,000 copies, as I put it on hold for this project.
Anyway, this was a deeper incline to the learning curve, that kinda
threw me, hope I land upright with music being listened to, gratefull,
Derrick

P.S, For those who inquired, need about 200 copies, no packaging, just
printing on the CD mentioned above, from a reputable, personable
company. Thanks again!

psongman wrote:

Hi, the last two days, I have been rechecking in to having my
Christmas CD, either duplicated or replicated (if the price is right).
I have to tell you, I have never been so disappointed in my entire
life. Either they don't seem to understand what you are aiming at, run
really shaky enterprises, or don't want to get involved unless there
is gold at the end of the song rainbow. If someone can assist me with
connecting with a cd duplication or replication company, that can help
me "get my cd done for Christmas", then please step forward and send
me in the proper direction.

Scott Dorsey

psongman wrote:
Hi, thanks to all for the help. I guess replicating is out for this
year, though a few have said they could do it kinda swiftly. I found
out some of the reasons why I have been getting a bit of a
runaround...i.e. most of the shops don't really do the duping, it's
all farmed out, they make it seem like they are the ones doing it but
really most are just middle men.

Okay, these companies are brokers. Most of the folks who have the ads
for replication in the back of the magazines are brokers.

Europadisc, Nimbus, and Oasis are not brokers, but actually have their
own plants but will deal with the general public.

The guys who do CD-R duplication are a different market altogether, and
most of them have everything in their own shop.

The companies that really do the
physical parts are the ones who can handle the short notice. The other
problem I am running into is they are making a big deal about the
labeling, I just want the Title, My Name, and the 10 songs, in black
print.

So, lay it out in black print and send them the file in the format they
request. Most of these guys will send you templates that you can use
with your layout program. If you don't feel up to doing it yourself, I
can recommend a layout guy who can do it in five minutes and won't charge
much for it.

So, if there is any more info then please redirect. Did I
mention that after the holidays, I want my regular CD replicated,
probably 500-1,000 copies, as I put it on hold for this project.
Anyway, this was a deeper incline to the learning curve, that kinda
threw me, hope I land upright with music being listened to, gratefull,

Just don't do it between October and January and you will find things are
much easier. The week of the AES show is always bad too.

P.S, For those who inquired, need about 200 copies, no packaging, just
printing on the CD mentioned above, from a reputable, personable
company. Thanks again!

For 200 copies, you are not going to get replication, you are going to
have to go with duplicated CD-Rs. I can recommend SNS Digital in Atlanta
for cheap CD-R duplication.