rose703

Default linux usb audio

I want to record audio through an A/D convert, TASCAM US-122. I'm
using Fedora Core 2. I've tried /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp1, doesn't work.
Do I need to mount the device? If so what is device?
JW

rose703 wrote:

I want to record audio through an A/D convert, TASCAM US-122. I'm
using Fedora Core 2. I've tried /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp1, doesn't work.
Do I need to mount the device? If so what is device?

The kernel needs to have USB Audio support. The device will work well if it
implements the USB Audio device class. If it has its own protocol, then you
probably need special drivers to communicate with the device, changes are
that the manufacturer only provides Windows drivers in that case.

In any case, you probably have more luck asking questions on a general linux
hardware forum. As those people can help you track down the source of the
problem.

best,
Jeroen
Geoff Wood

"rose703" wrote in message
m...
I want to record audio through an A/D convert, TASCAM US-122. I'm
using Fedora Core 2. I've tried /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp1, doesn't work.
Do I need to mount the device? If so what is device?

Windows

geoff

( ;-) )