zz zzzz

Default Car Audio in my Studio

I have a complete audio setup from my second car that I want to put
inside my studio to allow me to hear my mixes in a real world scenario.
Equipment consists of Sony cd changer, some good quality car speakers
mounted inside my old AR-18 boxes that took a dump15 years ago, a store
bought kicker sub, all powered by a Phoenix Gold amp about 50wattsx4.

What would I be looking at powerwise for this setup. The existing power
wire is about a #6 or #8 coming directly from the car battery as per
the manual for the amp. Anyone?
Thankxx

http://www.usenet.com
cyrus

zz zzzz wrote:

I have a complete audio setup from my second car that I want to put
inside my studio to allow me to hear my mixes in a real world scenario.
Equipment consists of Sony cd changer, some good quality car speakers
mounted inside my old AR-18 boxes that took a dump15 years ago, a store
bought kicker sub, all powered by a Phoenix Gold amp about 50wattsx4.

What would I be looking at powerwise for this setup. The existing power
wire is about a #6 or #8 coming directly from the car battery as per
the manual for the amp. Anyone?
Thankxx

http://www.usenet.com

The response of the speakers in a room will be very different from a car
environment.

Personally, I'd deal with a wide bandwith speaker system and limited
bandwith recordings than vice versa.

To answer your question: I've used r/c car chargers to test amps/hu's on
the bench, up to about 10amps current draw. Anything more and one would
need a big dc power supply. PartsExpress.com has a couple up to 40amps.

--
cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

zz zzzz

In article
, cyrus

zz zzzz wrote:

[...]

Thank You..If I decide to go ahead with this after all of the
considerations and input, I will definitly give PartsExpress a call.

Kendall

"zz zzzz" wrote in message
I have a complete audio setup from my second car that I want to put
inside my studio to allow me to hear my mixes in a real world scenario.
Equipment consists of Sony cd changer, some good quality car speakers
mounted inside my old AR-18 boxes that took a dump15 years ago, a store
bought kicker sub, all powered by a Phoenix Gold amp about 50wattsx4.

What would I be looking at powerwise for this setup. The existing power
wire is about a #6 or #8 coming directly from the car battery as per
the manual for the amp. Anyone?
Thankxx

Of course, you'll be able to hear what it sounds like through that system,
but a BIG part of what audio sounds like in a car is due to the environment
itself. Having said that, it is quite possible that what you propose will
be a valuable "check" system. As long as you aren't expecting it to sound
like you are IN a car, you'll be fine.

Kendall