Your Add Here!

Default Turntable - Choice

I have a choice between two turntables to use. The designs seem to be
polar opposites. I'm wondering which one would sound better (one
requires a small investment in parts before I can a/b test them).

The first is a Technics SL-Q6, circa 1982, tiny footprint, Jacket Size
Linear Tracking Tonearm Player System with Precision Optical Sensor,
programable, tone arm on lid.

The other is an AR XA. You know the unit. Sparten in comparison.

Please advise.

Thanks very much.

John
Mark D. Zacharias

Maybe should come down to your own needs. The AR is completely manual. The
Technics is automatic. Personally I think the Technics is a better design
and likely the better choice for most people.

Mark Z.

"Your Add Here!" wrote in message
om...
I have a choice between two turntables to use. The designs seem to be
polar opposites. I'm wondering which one would sound better (one
requires a small investment in parts before I can a/b test them).

The first is a Technics SL-Q6, circa 1982, tiny footprint, Jacket Size
Linear Tracking Tonearm Player System with Precision Optical Sensor,
programable, tone arm on lid.

The other is an AR XA. You know the unit. Sparten in comparison.

Please advise.

Thanks very much.

John

Northstar