alon levy

Default Calling Mr. Paul Vina!!!!!!

Whats up paul?
I would like an answer from u because I think you are the man when it
comes to caraudio.
I'll give you a bit of a background:
My car is a 2002 golf gti
Pioneer premier deh-p940mp headunit
Rockford power 551s 2x140 rms to a set of jbl gti 6.5" component set.
I am only interested in a two speaker and sub setup.
As far as volume and SQ goes there's plenty of it, but obviously the
bass is missing.
I was thinking of putting two 10" alpine type R's in a sealed enclosure
powered by a jl audio 500/1 amp.
Do u think this setup is good enough?
Is this amp strong enough to push 2 type r's in a sealed box?
In general what are your thoughts on the type R's as far as SQ goes?

I thank u in advance!!!

Alon levy
--
alon levy
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!

Jason

Image Dynamics IDQ/IDMAX!!

Crystal makes some smoking component mids, especially for the money. The JL
amps do look nice though, but a bit costly. The components you mentioned do
sound like quality goods though. Also, installation is at LEAST as
important as components, so if you have the best components, and a sucky
install, it will sound bad; whereas with a great install and mediocre
components, it will sound pretty darn good.

So make sure the install is done right!

Jason "I know Im not Paul" D

Paul Vina

Your plan sounds fine. I've sold and owned the Type-R's and they are
phenomenal sounding subs. Other options would also be Image Dynamics
IDQ10's and JL Audio 10W3v.2's and 10W6v.2's. Your amp would be plenty of
power for a pair of any of them, but the Alpine's, ID's and 10W3's would be
make the best use of the available power. Good luck!

Paul Vina

s.com...