Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alan Marcy Alan Marcy is offline

Default Life in the Last Lane

Hi RAT's,

I am returning to some semblance of life, after my little touch of jet lag after my first/last international bidness trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina in their Spring of 1997 (October).

I had CFS (what my old doctor buddy then called "Beverly Hills housewwives' disease") until I got cancer a few years ago and the chemo/radiation did not kill me, but the cancer is still all gone and after I got over the cancer treatment hangover, I realized the CFS was going bye-bye, too.

ASIDE: For any RAT's that think they know about hangovers, you ain't seen squat until the oncologists' get through with you Six months of pouring liquid nutrition into a plastic tube and enough narcotics to party like it's 1999. Yes kids, I missed that one, too And vast quantities of narcotics are not always fun and games recreational pharmaceuticals. Sometimes they intermittently barely mask the pain. Sigh.

Yes, I did resurrect the old Grommes rcvr. I do not have the tuner tubed. The power supply now has way too many chokes and polypropylene oil can capacitors.

I listened for many months. It is offline, for the nonce, as I am listening to my home brew speakers direct from the chip amp in this PC monitor. The old Nipponese 12" AlNiCo woofers in klipsch heresy cabs and the Pyle PDS 182 compression drivers in 8" round waveguides sing to bring life to my Music, compared to the 1" x 5" full range toys crammed into the bottom of this monitor housing.

Happy Ears!

Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Monday, September 8, 2014 10:10:04 AM UTC+1, Alan Marcy wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on surviving, Al.

Andre Jute
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alan Marcy Alan Marcy is offline

My Pleasure, Andre

Yesterday, I met my new psychiatrist. She is smart and funny and listens. Also gorgeous. It is hard to remember why I am so confused...

But, I am confused. We will work through it.

Happy Ears!

Al
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Monday, 8 September 2014 19:10:04 UTC+10, Alan Marcy wrote:
Hi RAT's,

I am returning to some semblance of life, after my little touch of jet lag after my first/last international bidness trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina in their Spring of 1997 (October).

I had CFS (what my old doctor buddy then called "Beverly Hills housewwives' disease") until I got cancer a few years ago and the chemo/radiation did not kill me, but the cancer is still all gone and after I got over the cancer treatment hangover, I realized the CFS was going bye-bye, too.

HI AL!!!
Its like winding the clock back to read a post from you.
Quite a Marvelous Marcy we have here.

If there's one thing everyone needs to get used to after turning 50, its getting sick from a possible range of 1,001 ailments and nearly all involve huge discomforts from the treatment, and not only from the ailment.

ASIDE: For any RAT's that think they know about hangovers, you ain't seen squat until the oncologists' get through with you Six months of pouring liquid nutrition into a plastic tube and enough narcotics to party like it's 1999. Yes kids, I missed that one, too And vast quantities of narcotics are not always fun and games recreational pharmaceuticals. Sometimes they intermittently barely mask the pain. Sigh.

Hmm, narcotics hardly worked? did you try cannabis oil? they say this stuff works where many other chemicals don't, plus, eating the oil is said to reduce cancers because it triggers immune system to recognize your very own cancer cells as the enemy. Many cancers are regarded by our immune system as friendly because its our own cells just growing without any growth inhibitor.
There seems to be too much online about cannabis oil to ignore it, or to conclude / assume its all just a hoax.

Yes, I did resurrect the old Grommes rcvr. I do not have the tuner tubed. The power supply now has way too many chokes and polypropylene oil can capacitors.

I listened for many months. It is offline, for the nonce, as I am listening to my home brew speakers direct from the chip amp in this PC monitor. The old Nipponese 12" AlNiCo woofers in klipsch heresy cabs and the Pyle PDS 182 compression drivers in 8" round waveguides sing to bring life to my Music, compared to the 1" x 5" full range toys crammed into the bottom of this monitor housing.

Happy Ears!
Al

Keep well man,
Patrick Turner.