Posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.basics
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

Default 7377 tube also known as QQE04-5-what was it for?

I just got four of these little buggers. What was it used for?
Posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.basics
Tom Biasi Tom Biasi is offline

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:07:23 -0800 (PST), wrote:
It is a transmitting tube with a 12.6 volt filament.
What do you need to know?
They do have some value today.

Tom

I just got four of these little buggers. What was it used for?

John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I just got four of these little buggers. What was it used for?
See the spec sheet at this link-

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/148/7/7377.pdf

Cheers, John
Posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.basics
mick mick is offline

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:07:23 -0800, rrusston wrote:

I just got four of these little buggers. What was it used for?

VHF push-pull transmitter, like the rest of the QQ series. Double tetrode
with a common cathode and common g2. Interesting pinout isn't it?

I have some QQV03-10 valves that I intend to try for audio. They are
supposed to be quite good.

FU set to rec.audio.tubes

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jan 15, 5:09*am, mick wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:07:23 -0800, rrusston wrote:
I just got four of these little buggers. What was it used for?

VHF push-pull transmitter, like the rest of the QQ series. Double tetrode
with a common cathode and common g2. Interesting pinout isn't it?

I have some QQV03-10 valves that I intend to try for audio. They are
supposed to be quite good.

FU set to rec.audio.tubes

I was hoping someone might know some specific applications, e.g.,
equipment that used it.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I was hoping someone might know some specific applications, e.g.,
equipment that used it.

** In the early 1960s, the main uses for 960 MHz were professional,
industrial and military.

You might even have found one inside a satellite.

Not the sort of gear most folk ever see.

.... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jan 16, 12:39*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:

*I was hoping someone might know some specific applications, e.g.,
equipment that used it.

** In the early 1960s, the main uses for 960 MHz were professional,
industrial and military.

* You might even have found one inside a satellite.

* *Not the sort of gear most folk ever see.

... * Phil

Know any product names or specific equipment types?