Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

Default Williamson Resources:

I came up with this for a web site, which shall go nameless, whose
comment section would not take it:

Williamson Resources:
http://www.clarisonus.com/Archives/A...mplifier.p df

Reprint of "The Williamson Amplifier: Articles reprinted from
'Wireless World', Second Edition, Iliffe, 3s/6d Net"

http://www.clarisonus.com/Archives/Trans/Acro55.pdf

Reprint of (1955?) Acro transformer catalog with commentary as
described!

http://www.radiomuseum.org/protect-p...m plifier.pdf
Alternate copy of original reprint as above.

http://www.chimeralabs.com/williamsmod.html

Commentary on Williamson issues and proposed mods. Reasonably good.

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/j...il/willimp.pdf
http://www.frihu.com/content/diy/rc-...erstaerker.pdf
(A clearer copy)
Contemporary article, "Improving the Williamson Amplifier", Talbot M.
Wright. Useful.

http://www.keith-snook.info/Articles...0WW%201949.pdf
Another version of the original article: readable.

http://dalmura.com.au/projects/Williamson.php

Australian site with extensive links list.

http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Go... mson_6550.pdf
1950s article.

http://www.stan-white.com/a_doc_Williamson.htm

Stan White was an audio pioneer whose work was published in the
"Audio Anthologies" which all serious tube buffs should possess. He's
a bit of a crank too: nevertheless this exposition is useful as an
overview, although it contains information with which I certainly do
not agree.

http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Go...-8072_xfmr.pdf
Stancor literature on building a "Willy" with their transformers. As
Jimmy Durante said, EVERYBODY "wanted to get into da act". All the
transformer makers had suitable iron and literature promoting same.

http://www.alinden.mynetcologne.de/mc/amplifiers.pdf
"Amplifiers and Superlatives", a reply to 'American' (i.e. Sarser and
Sprinkle) claims.

http://greygum.net/sbench/sbench101/...sc/fb_faq7.txt
Stability discussion of a modified Williamson design

Let none of the above be taken as an endorsement of the Willy as a
modern construction project.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Roger Jones Roger Jones is offline

Williamson Resources:http://www.clarisonus.com/Archives/A...n%201952%20The...

http://www.radiomuseum.org/protect-p...ge_id=61&pdf=t...

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/j...erstaerker.pdf

http://www.keith-snook.info/Articles...mson-Amplifier...

http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Go...crosound_repri...

http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/Go...tancor_Ultra-L...
Stancor literature on building a "Willy" with their transformers. As
Jimmy Durante said, EVERYBODY "wanted to get into da act". All the
transformer makers had suitable iron and literature promoting same.

http://www.alinden.mynetcologne.de/mc/amplifiers.pdf
"Amplifiers and Superlatives", a reply to 'American' (i.e. Sarser and
Sprinkle) claims.

http://greygum.net/sbench/sbench101/...sc/fb_faq7.txt
Stability discussion of a modified Williamson design

Let none of the above be taken as an endorsement of the Willy as a
modern construction project.

Great set of references, thanks. All bookmarked.
Will read cover to cover when I get the time!
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

I would add that Heyboer is making a clone of the Peerless S-265-Q
which is the most common transformer used in US versions of the
amplifier.