Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domain Measurement Systems

On Dec 30 2011, 8:38*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
I'm part of group that is readying two Audio Precision System One Dual
Domain measurement systems for market.

The units have exceptional provenance. They were owned by Stereo Review
Magazine and were the personal tools of Julian Hirsch. They still have
Hachette Publications property stickers on them.

Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S magazine operations, *like Ziff Davis, and
indeed Stereo Review, are regrettably *no more. We obtained these units from
Hachette as surplus items right before they moved their offices in
Manhattan.

According tohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachette_Filipacchi_Media_U.S. ,
Hachette's US magazine operations were sold off in May, 2010.

The condition of the equipment is excellent. All of the tests I've run
worked the first time. We have them fully operational and attached to
computers running Windows XP. We believe that we have drivers and I/O cards
that will work with even later versions of Windows. The units are a tiny bit
out of calibration. *We intend to run 100% of the diagnostics and have them
entirely nominal before sale.

While not SOTA in terms of distortion residuals, AP S1 systems are still
valuable tools for many current applications due to their excellent
interfaces, good performance, and programmability. We intend to sell them as
turnkey systems - unbox what we send you, plug it in, and go!

If you are interested in purchasing this equipment, please contact me at
arnyk at comcast dot net.

You CAN"T be serious, Kroof.

This is exactly the wrong place to post this if actually selling them
is your goal. ebay, Audiogon, or a dealer like Tucker or Testequity
would be far superior and you know it.

AP System One is a poor choice for low volume test as opposed to the
same company's Portable One or ATS-1 or several other products from
other companies including SRS and NTI Neutrik. It is big, PC dependent
and awkward and is really for ATE setup rack testing or in depth
development of a fixed setup.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote in message
[...]

I'm about as serious as the brain hemorrhage my S1 article seems to be
causing you!

This is exactly the wrong place to post this if actually selling them

is your goal. ebay, Audiogon, or a dealer like Tucker or Testequity
would be far superior and you know it.

You can't be serious thinking that we aren't going several other routes
including some you just mentioned, as well. This was just a friendly heads
up.

AP System One is a poor choice for low volume test as opposed to the

same company's Portable One or ATS-1 or several other products from
other companies including SRS and NTI Neutrik.

It is big, PC dependent and awkward and is really for ATE setup rack
testing or in depth

development of a fixed setup.

I now see that you are unaware of critical relevant facts, and even like to
contradict yourself.

The ATS-1 is an inch taller and two inches shallower than the S1. Therefore
if the S1 is too big, then so is the ATS-1.

You say that the S1 is good ATE which I agree with, but also say that it is
bad for low volume test which can be and often is identically the same
thing.

The PC connection is no problem, given that PCs can now be relatively tiny.
The available USB interface means that the PC you use with S1 can be a
laptop.

I smiled to myself when I posted this on RAT, because I knew that their
would be some self-defeating, poorly thought out knee-jerks. Thanks for
fulfilling my prophecy! ;-)