Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Mr. Univaz Mr. Univaz is offline

Default Sure, pal!

On 29 Nov 2011 16:55:49 GMT, notbob wrote:

"Rediscovered Beatles amp set to sell for $100,000"

http://tinyurl.com/d6xy3m3

Finding a good 7 series amp these days is rare enough, I have one
head, it's a killer. Yet for that type of danger $$, it better have
some serious paperwork with it. And if they do sell it, more power
to them. Not in my plans, I'm afraid..

JJTj

In fact, you have no idea how cheap I'll sell these JBL units !

No rock star involvement, but danger cheap and rather rare..

http://www.jtashjian.com/spk/spk.htm

(moving, need to lighten up)

Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Flasherly[_2_] Flasherly[_2_] is offline

On Nov 29, 2:14 pm, Mr. Univaz wrote:

to them. Not in my plans, I'm afraid..

I seriously liked the way Curt Cobain explained being approached about
a guitar from the Lead Belly estate in the video I watching (wasn't
About a Son). At least it had to be a good intro to a "tune," offhand
in quoting an actual price into the mic.
Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
It's that Guy again... It's that Guy again... is offline

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:36:46 -0800 (PST), Flasherly
wrote:

I seriously liked the way Curt Cobain explained being approached about
a guitar from the Lead Belly estate in the video I watching (wasn't
About a Son). At least it had to be a good intro to a "tune," offhand
in quoting an actual price into the mic.

I met Sir Paul a few times, and once I asked him about gear they
threw away/lost/traded/etc over those years, he laughed..

"..If we had any clue then what would be $$ now, oh my God.."

"..which is why I OWN my Beatle Bass..." He went on speaking
of VOX handing then anything they wanted, Fender too. While
I was way later, let me tell ya, gear beats women backstage..

You can always find, as a rock icon, women. Gear is there and now.

Watch when his B/Bass is someday valued.. Ka-Chink !!

As it should be. Then again, word is there are 4 'tour' basses,
and the real thing is well preserved. I wouldn't doubt it.

I was lucky, I guess... I've held it and a whole ****load of 'icon'
instruments. All of the Faces Z guitars, the Stones/Faces SVTs,
Page's Orange..I fixed the Edge's AC30. It goes on. T-Rex's
Vamp amps. Pete's Hiwatt's. Santana's GMT's. And back then
I just never took alot of pix. I just didn't care. Now that is
what is holding up the book. We need pix fodder...

The Edge's AC30 was held together by paper clips, BTW...

I'm here all night...

JJTj

Yep folks, it's a shameless plug, I need to move this stuff, you
have no idea how cheap.. Otherwise, I need the space, so
it's thrown away. Lookie here...Have a good laugh:

http://www.jtashjian.com/spk/spk.htm

Well I'm standing on the corner with a dollar in my hand,
I'm just looking for a woman thats looking for a man,
Tell me how long, do i have to wait,
....can I get you now, or must I hesitate

Well, the eagle on the dollar says "in God we trust"
Women says she wants a man but wants to see a dollar first
Tell me how long, must I hesitate,
....you know, can I get you now or do I have to wait

Ain't never been to heaven but I been told
Saint Peter taught the angels how to jelly roll
Tell me how long, do i have to wait,
....can I get you now, or must I hesitate

A nickle is a nickle, a dime ia a dime
I've got a house full of children, not one of them mine
Tell me how long, do i have to wait,
....can I get you now, or must I hesitate

Well I'm standing on the corner with a dollar in my hand,
I'm just looking for a woman thats looking for a man,
Tell me how long, do i have to wait,
....can I get you now, or must I hesitate
Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Flasherly[_2_] Flasherly[_2_] is offline

On Nov 29, 5:40 pm, It's that Guy again...
wrote:

I was lucky, I guess... I've held it and a whole ****load of 'icon'
instruments. All of the Faces Z guitars, the Stones/Faces SVTs,
Page's Orange..I fixed the Edge's AC30. It goes on. T-Rex's
Vamp amps. Pete's Hiwatt's. Santana's GMT's. And back then
I just never took alot of pix. I just didn't care. Now that is
what is holding up the book. We need pix fodder...

Sounds like the guy I took an amp to when it broke, a Sunn bass.
Hell, an amp's an amp...then I'd figured, what matter about plugging
in a six string into a monster. Little trailer off the track in some
bushes where I'm watching him clip on a light bulb to discharge its
capacitors. "Yea," he mentioned, covering pretty much the same
material, a nonchalant mention, noticing me eying some equipment
placed in a corner nearby, "It's for the Stone's concert this week."
Best time I had, though, was sitting in a Denny's restaurant shooting
it with a stranger I'd met, casually in striking up a counter
conversation that had somehow turn to getting the best headroom
(dynamic range) off magnetic media. "I want you to come outside to
show you something," he told me. There idling, at the side of the
parking lot, sat a great midnight-blue Greyhound bus. Front and top a
lit sign proclaimed in contrasting destiny, in stated large lettering
- Who Cares. A custom charter bus, registered out of Nashville, only
for national acts. Walking through was pretty much similar to being
in an airplane equipped with enough leather beds, say, for a class
act. Must have sat there an hour in a seat next to the wheel,
listening to that driver's stories about musicianship, as a glowing,
fuzzy-butted feeling sank in, indeed, how many famous asses had sat
just there prior to mine in six degrees of separation . . .

-
So you tell 'em you'll remember
But they know it's just a game
And along the way their faces
All begin to look the same
-Jackson Browne (Danny O'Keefe)
Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Jack Drek Jack Drek is offline

I think what amazed me most, was even back then, I didn't
really care that much. Even today, it's just memories I can
back up. I've if anything, lost $, so it's not even that.

I'm just so low on the bottom feeding chain of this kind
of sheit, my time frame just worked. Get this:

While in contact with early Korg left over of Merson/Unicord
I got to move a Marshall 200 Major Deep Purple made history on.

Early 5150 PV EVH head. Given to me by da man, I sold it to
a guy in the GWN, whose check went 'quoink'. yecchh...

Ya can't even store all this crap.

I've talked about the 'vault'. At this point, every so many days,
something has to be sold to pay for storage/insuran/sheit.

Jerry in ND told me it's about a Epi a month, min..maybe 4..

I'm doing ok, as long as I can do this :

http://www.jtashjian.com/spk/spk.htm

please, someone buy this stuff. It's too kool, and so cheap..

Really..or I throw it in the trash..

Hep me here folks...

Save the magnets...

Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
It's that Guy again... It's that Guy again... is offline

Bring da band on down, behind me, boyz n girls..

This whole thread started about rock star gear.

I will never forget...

FZ with Flo n Eddie were set to play Clark U in my home
town. J Geils as a opening act. I got there early, as all
those blue and white ARB cabs arrived to be set up NOW..

You all know those things. The same cabs from the UK movie
200 Motels, and then later smoke on the water history.

Those who know..know.."..com-part-men-t.."

I never lined up the dates, yet I know there were just so many
ARB cabs (they also made a good power amp) and FZ was given/
sold just so many. On that night, I set up 16 of those cabs before
JG did 3 sets of "Full House". It was there when on e knew the horn
was flocked too..in white..2-15" EV and 4 EV drivers. Tilt them
any way ya needed, left or right stage. ARB was out of the midwest.

IMMSMW...

I've mentioned the Sunn/Who stuff in Boston..

With Zappa..if he knew you were for real, it was a simple call
to Marty/P and you were in. I showed him all that GMT (now GK)
stuff, he later bought tons more. after my contact. Also the
Rudelle/EKO 12 st. JCB was there that night, yet did not perform
with FZ that night. Later in 2k, JCB remembered the guitar..

FZ rejected it. I showed him another, he thought that one
sucked less, so I ended up giving it away. Under $200 then.

That same guitar..rejected by FZ was purchased by Roger of the Who.

Up all night, ya can't make this stuff up....

JJTj

I'm doing ok, as long as I can do this :

http://www.jtashjian.com/spk/spk.htm

please, someone buy this stuff. It's too kool, and so cheap..

Really..or I throw it in the trash..

Hep me here folks...

Save the magnets...

You come to the end
And the light there is dimmer
And chances are slimmer
Of findin' your way
You find that you stay out
Of trouble and danger
'Cause everything's stranger
Than it used to be

You're a scary old place out there world
But I couldn't be happy without you
And I swear all my thoughts are about you
The most beautiful world in the world

Well the light can be bright there
And everything's right there
The end of the night there might
....be a big band
Or a heavenly choir
Or it might be the fire
But no matter what happens
I bet it's OK

You're a scary old place out there world
But I couldn't be happy without you
And I swear all my thoughts are about you
The most beautiful world in...da worlid..

AH...AH..AH AH ..AHHHHHAAA!

Your mountains when you're mad
Your rivers when your sad
And those deep blue seas
I love you for your snow
Your deserts down below
I love the way you wear your trees

The most beautiful world in the world
And though there are times when I doubt you
I just couldn't stay here without you
So when you get older, and
over your shoulder
You look back to see if it's real
Tell her she's beautiful
Roll the world over

...And give her a kiss...
............and a feel...

So long, folks!
Goodbye, Harry.
See you next album, Richard.
GOODBYE!
Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Tex[_2_] Tex[_2_] is offline

On Nov 29, 6:42*pm, Jack Drek oy oy oy.oy ! wrote:
[...]

The speakers are not priced...no price ...no buy! Most of us know that
stuff not priced is usually high dollar ****...
Posted to alt.guitar,alt.guitar.amps,rec.audio.tubes
Jack Drek Jack Drek is offline

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 00:05:16 -0800 (PST), Tex
wrote:

http://www.jtashjian.com/spk/spk.htm

please, someone buy this stuff. *It's too kool, and so cheap..

Really..or I throw it in the trash..

Hep me here folks...

Save the magnets...

The speakers are not priced...no price ...no buy! Most of us know that
stuff not priced is usually high dollar ****...

Sorry about that: $100 each for 4, and I'll throw in 2-15' Celestion
versions of the same basic speaker. S/H not included, will deliver
local(ish). $350 for the horn set. $700 for everything.

I had them on Craig's list and forgot the prices on the site..

...my bad...

JJTj