Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE is offline

Default VT 105 ( ML6 ) ( AMPLIFIER )

KINOUCHE wrote:
Hello.
I propose 2 X VT 105 (ML6) (TO AMPLIFY)

[snip]

That's the first time I see someone proposing 2 a pair of triodes. Let
us know when you get married ;-)
SCNR

Kind regards
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Aug 16, 6:45*am, "Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE" wrote:
KINOUCHE wrote:
*Hello.
*I propose 2 X VT 105 (ML6) (TO AMPLIFY)

[snip]

That's the first time I see someone proposing 2 a pair of triodes. Let
us know when you get married ;-)
SCNR

Kind regards

VT105 is listed at TDSL as a twin triode aout identical to 6SL7 or
6CS7 but the 2 tubes who he is marrying look like a single triode with
4, 5 pin base, and quite different., and all said and done, the two
briodes are so old that they don't appear to be listed properly in the
list of briodes at TDSL. But if they have been spared the efforts of
looking after men's ears for the last 80 years, let us hope that in
their last declining years that their buyer manages to get a " good
tune from such old fiddles" and let us forgive his polygamy whereby he
indulges 2 channels of audio, not just one, or the wanton lust
involved by using two briodes in Push Pull. But of course, perhaps the
man has a large organ requiring such technique, to produce
satisfactory oral results.

But I've mostly found older briodes difficult, especially the large
surly types like 211 and 845 to be a bit of a handful, and when you
upset them they have a real sting from their charges.

If I had to marry, methinks it is wiser to marry a bicycle, because
you can just hop on for a ride any old time, no bull****, no drama,
very cheap, and very easy to deal with if there's a potential
differential impudence of opinion.

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
GRe GRe is offline

[...]