Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Vintage Audio Vintage Audio is offline

Default Studer Revox G36 MkIII Tube Reel-Reel Tape Deck - Needs Repair $200

For sale is a Revox G-36 Mk III, high-end reel-reel tape deck from
1966... made in Switzerland. It will take both 7" & 10.5" reels. In
very nice cosmetic shape... esp real walnut cabinet. All tubes present
and test good. The internal speaker is in great condition. The tape
heads look OK, however I could not get any audio output... which I
think is an audio circuit issue. After 43 years, would be a good idea
to replace heads anyway, if restoring this deck.

Initially, I had the transport mechanism working fine, but then unit
stopped, and blew the 1.25A fuse for some reason. My guess is the
filter caps are shot. The unit will power on with a 1.5A slo blo fuse,
but starts to hum, and it's really not a good idea to run until caps
changed and unit fully diagnosed/repaired. Someone with good
electronics skills, could easily restore, and then have a great
vintage tape deck ! Includes the original walnut case, owners manual,
brochure, and recording guide. Several pics available.

In working order these average about $750 on Ebay. Selling for $200
firm, cash only. Must be picked up in Chapel Hill, NC. SERIOUS BUYERS
please send a phone # and definite day you can ck out and pickup.