Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Speakers

I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...50&ctab=3#Tabs

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

How the hell does it work? It reminds me of that strange bass driver
Phoenix Gold produced using 2 "vanes". I love non-standard technology. But
I'm stumped on this one. The price sure is right, though.

MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message
I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...50&ctab=3#Tabs

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I read the Adobe description of that driver and it still gave me no clue
exactly how it works. The closest to any relevant description is that it
has dual motors. But looking at that thing you might think there is 5
seperate drivers, but obviously that's not the case. So A) I am still a
little confused about exactly how it works and B) how exactly is it supposed
to be mounted?

It appears too long to mount it like a regular speaker with one of the cones
outside the baffle and the rest of the transducer inside the enclosure. But
I could be way off.

Again, it's not terribly important, but I'm simply interested in how it
produces bass. It appears NOT to be a stand-alone subwoofer as they
recommend bandpass or bass reflex mounting. BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU
PRECISELY MOUNT IT and what exactly is the principle applied?

Just curious, I'm always facinated by new technology.

Thanks,
MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message
I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...50&ctab=3#Tabs

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , "MOSFET" wrote:
[...]

I know almost nothing about it. It would be nice for an experimental project.
There might be more info on the web, but I hate to ask Ken Kantor.

greg

"GregS" wrote in message
I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...299-850&ctab=3
#Tabs

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Whoa..

I say, for $35 - someone should just buy the thing and report back to
us...

:-)

I'd volunteer, but I'm already on my wife's ****-list for purchasing
computer parts...

~Mister.Lull

"GregS" wrote in message
I just saw the add from Parts Express email I just got. Here
is a different speaker. I just thought it might be good for small
sized installations. I've done Isobarik types before, but this
is different. Also, the company Tymphany, basically is
from Ken Kantor of AR and NHT fame, designed this I think.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...rtnumber=299-8...
#Tabs

greg- Hide quoted text -