Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

Default Crutchfield

has orion now. n ma audio...

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
has orion now. n ma audio...

So you going to get you some of that fine, made in Korea, Orion stuff now?

I can't clown you too much though because I have an Orion HCCA 225 G5
that was made in Korea.
Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , ChrisB wrote:
bob wald wrote:
has orion now. n ma audio...

So you going to get you some of that fine, made in Korea, Orion stuff now?

I can't clown you too much though because I have an Orion HCCA 225 G5
that was made in Korea.

Thats almost like having something made in Japan.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

GregS wrote:
In article , ChrisB wrote:
bob wald wrote:
has orion now. n ma audio...

So you going to get you some of that fine, made in Korea, Orion stuff now?

I can't clown you too much though because I have an Orion HCCA 225 G5
that was made in Korea.

Thats almost like having something made in Japan.

greg

lol, you are right!

I miss the good old days of Made in the USA "spare no expense"
amplifiers that lasted over 20 years. In fact, I still have a few that
are that age and they work just as good as they did 20 years ago.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

i'd NEVER Have RF-ORION-jl-mtx in my car!
go cv, boss, jensen, jvc!!!!! clarion, alpine.....

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
i'd NEVER Have RF-ORION-jl-mtx in my car!
go cv, boss, jensen, jvc!!!!! clarion, alpine.....

And I would never have Boss, Jensen, or JVC in my car!

I wouldn't have any issues with using Cerwin Vega, Clarion, or Alpine
though. In fact, I miss my old Alpine HU that had a built in BBE Sonic
Maximizer.
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

well jensen,jvc .only certain pieces...ya gotta know.
jensen ka amps are great. n the jvc speackers with the bronze cones are
great.
dont think they still make either. but i got afew of them yet to be
used...lol
oh n Sherwood amps...made some amps..''xat'' line i'd put up against
''any''......any.

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
well jensen,jvc .only certain pieces...ya gotta know.
jensen ka amps are great. n the jvc speackers with the bronze cones are
great.
dont think they still make either. but i got afew of them yet to be
used...lol
oh n Sherwood amps...made some amps..''xat'' line i'd put up against
''any''......any.

Ahh, you refreshed my memory. There was this one Jensen amp that was
kick ass (i.e. KA), yet overlooked because of the name Jensen.

Plus, JVC just isn't the same company it once was and that is a fact.
It is sad to see a company that once offered great products to have
fallen into the pit that they are currently in.

I remember doing an install back in the day that included some of those
Sherwood amps. I spent all day building a box and installing 2 15" M&M
Godfather subwoofers in a friend's Honda Accord Hatchback when we were
in highschool! He started out with a Sherwood 240, then he went with a
4 channel Sherwood amp for his mids/highs. That system sounded pretty
damn clean for the money spent.
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

the jvc 5.25s i bought. 70rms, a yr or 2 ago. who ever they contracted
out to make them in south america. i think are making them for rf now.
the sherwood ''xat line'' amp i bought was very expensive.over $300 in
the early 90s.
1ohm stable.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

if i remember correct the sherwood 240 was, 4x60rms..i have the
340...85rmsx4channel....
theres 1 more..125rmsx4....440. the biggest.
now those are 4ohm..its 1 ohm stable.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

110 x4 i meant.....lol

$20.00 off at Crutchfield! Jorge Car Audio 2 August 13th 04 04:08 AM
$20.00 off at Crutchfield! Jorge Marketplace 0 August 12th 04 05:14 PM
$20.00 off at Crutchfield! Jorge Tech 0 August 12th 04 04:28 PM
$20.00 off at Crutchfield! Jorge General 0 August 12th 04 04:28 PM
$20.00 off at Crutchfield! Jorge Pro Audio 0 August 12th 04 04:25 PM