Posted to rec.audio.car
Javier Javier is offline

Default Help

Hi, I want to upgrade the sound system in my car but i need some
help...

I want to put components in the front, a subwoofer, amplifier and
speakers in the back...

my questions a

- do i need a 2 or multi channel amp????

- what would be best for the back??? 2,3,4 or 5 way speakers????

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.car
keith keith is offline

Javier wrote:
Hi, I want to upgrade the sound system in my car but i need some
help...

I want to put components in the front, a subwoofer, amplifier and
speakers in the back...

my questions a

- do i need a 2 or multi channel amp????

- what would be best for the back??? 2,3,4 or 5 way speakers????

Thanks

What you need? It depends on what your constraints are... Space? if so,
do a multi channel amp - say 4 channels, with 3&4 bridged to a sub. If
space and $ aren't issues, you can bi-amp those components, and use a
dedicated sub amp for the sub. the rear speakers are your last amping
priority.

I honestly say that I can't imagine any need for 4 or 5 way rear
speakers. two way co-axials will be more than adequate. I tend not to
even fo full range in the back - I find that it helps the imaging up front.

There are lots of FAQs out there that deal with system planning.
Evaluate your budget and constraints, and go from there.

Keith