Posted to rec.audio.car
Yukon Jack Yukon Jack is offline

Default Speaker recommendations for a 1996 Honda Civic

Hi.

I have a 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe with a Pioneer DEH-P3700MP

The stock speakers are horrible and I'm looking to upgrade them with
these:

Alpine SPS-69C2

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...0SPS69C2&tp=91

and

Kenwood KFC-1661S

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...=95&tab=review

I plan on keeping the car for a few more years and wanted an cheaper
upgrade. Obviously, I know next to nothing about car audio. All
suggestions welcome and thank you.
Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Yukon Jack wrote:
Hi.

I have a 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe with a Pioneer DEH-P3700MP

The stock speakers are horrible and I'm looking to upgrade them with
these:

Alpine SPS-69C2

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...0SPS69C2&tp=91

and

Kenwood KFC-1661S

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...=95&tab=review

I plan on keeping the car for a few more years and wanted an cheaper
upgrade. Obviously, I know next to nothing about car audio. All
suggestions welcome and thank you.

In my 1997 Civic I recently installed an Autopage RF-420 alarm and an
Alpine CDA-9885. For the front doors, I installed some Alpine SPS-600
two ways but I have yet to put anything in the rear deck.

The front doors suck depth wise on our particular generation of Civic.
You can replace the stockers with some shallow mounts, but the
likelihood of your screw holes lining up for the doors is nil. Prepare
to drill additional holes to secure the speakers to the front doors.

As for the rear deck, I would do things differently mainly because I do
not like high frequencies coming from behind my head or bouncing off of
the back glass. That is the main reason that I did not replace my rear
deck speakers in my Civic.

Regardless, I think you will be pleased with the sound you get from
replacing your stock speakers. Just replacing my door speakers has
improved things drastically.

-Chris
Posted to rec.audio.car
Yukon Jack Yukon Jack is offline

In my 1997 Civic I recently installed an Autopage RF-420 alarm and an
Alpine CDA-9885. *For the front doors, I installed some Alpine SPS-600
two ways but I have yet to put anything in the rear deck.

Regardless, I think you will be pleased with the sound you get from
replacing your stock speakers. *Just replacing my door speakers has
improved things drastically.

-Chris

Thanks Chris. I am forced to change out the speakers in the rear deck
as an ex-roommate tore a hole in one of them. I'm not sure I want to
get involved with a sub and amp and so I'm not sure I'll ever get
particularly low frequencies anyway. Maybe it's not realistic, but
I'd like to have some limited bass without a sub.
Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Yukon Jack wrote:
In my 1997 Civic I recently installed an Autopage RF-420 alarm and an
Alpine CDA-9885. For the front doors, I installed some Alpine SPS-600
two ways but I have yet to put anything in the rear deck.

Regardless, I think you will be pleased with the sound you get from
replacing your stock speakers. Just replacing my door speakers has
improved things drastically.

-Chris

Thanks Chris. I am forced to change out the speakers in the rear deck
as an ex-roommate tore a hole in one of them. I'm not sure I want to
get involved with a sub and amp and so I'm not sure I'll ever get
particularly low frequencies anyway. Maybe it's not realistic, but
I'd like to have some limited bass without a sub.

Another plus is that the Civic is a small car! With just the Alpine
head unit and fresh door speakers, it gets nice and loud inside the car.