Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Dave is offline

Default need manuals for Technics SU-8088

I was gifted this severely non-functional integrated amp and am seeking a
service manual for it. It's very heavy and looks to be extremely well
built, I've never seen a mainstream-brand integrated with such a beautiful
potted transformer before, and I would like to repair it if it doesn't break
the bank.

Dave

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Dave" wrote in message
I was gifted this severely non-functional integrated amp
and am seeking a service manual for it. It's very heavy
and looks to be extremely well built, I've never seen a
mainstream-brand integrated with such a beautiful potted
transformer before, and I would like to repair it if it
doesn't break the bank.

Try ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Technic...2em118Q2el1247

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Dave is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
I was gifted this severely non-functional integrated amp
and am seeking a service manual for it. It's very heavy
and looks to be extremely well built, I've never seen a
mainstream-brand integrated with such a beautiful potted
transformer before, and I would like to repair it if it
doesn't break the bank.

Try ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Technic...2em118Q2el1247

Thanks. Being the cheap ******* I am, I was hoping someone might offer a
link to a free one... with the condition the amp is in, I don't want to
start pouring money into it unnecessarily and I'll likely never use the
manual again. I'm in Canada, so the shipping on that particular item is
about the same amount as the auction price.

Dave

Posted to rec.audio.tech
jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

"Dave" wrote in message
I was gifted this severely non-functional integrated amp
and am seeking a service manual for it. It's very heavy
and looks to be extremely well built, I've never seen a
mainstream-brand integrated with such a beautiful potted
transformer before, and I would like to repair it if it
doesn't break the bank.

Try ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Technic...2em118Q2el1247

Thanks. Being the cheap ******* I am, I was hoping someone might offer a
link to a free one... with the condition the amp is in, I don't want to
start pouring money into it unnecessarily and I'll likely never use the
manual again. I'm in Canada, so the shipping on that particular item is
about the same amount as the auction price.

Dave

I've had very little luck in locating free manuals. In the past I have
stumbled across a few sites that work by volunteers scanning and uploading
the manuals they have but so far their content has been limited. And
they've never had the manual I was looking for. I've bought a few. I
understand your cheapness, sometimes I get a manual and find the problem,
the parts ended up being less money than the manual :-)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Dave is offline

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
m...

Dave

I've had very little luck in locating free manuals. In the past I have
stumbled across a few sites that work by volunteers scanning and uploading
the manuals they have but so far their content has been limited. And
they've never had the manual I was looking for. I've bought a few. I
understand your cheapness, sometimes I get a manual and find the problem,
the parts ended up being less money than the manual :-)

I found a great site: http://quag-west-vintage.com

$7.99 for any manual in PDF, $3 to ship a CD copy. The guy has TONS of
audio equipment service manuals posted, and says he's got ~4,000 ADDITIONAL
manuals that he hasn't scanned and/or put up links. I had the manual in an
hour for $8.

Dave

el.st.kl el.st.kl is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
m...

Dave

I've had very little luck in locating free manuals. In the past I have
stumbled across a few sites that work by volunteers scanning and uploading
the manuals they have but so far their content has been limited. And
they've never had the manual I was looking for. I've bought a few. I
understand your cheapness, sometimes I get a manual and find the problem,
the parts ended up being less money than the manual :-)

I found a great site: http://quag-west-vintage.com

$7.99 for any manual in PDF, $3 to ship a CD copy. The guy has TONS of
audio equipment service manuals posted, and says he's got ~4,000 ADDITIONAL
manuals that he hasn't scanned and/or put up links. I had the manual in an
hour for $8.

Dave
Let's share it!

Or just tell me what part is D416 and C602 C603 please!