Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

Default kenwood-cerwin vega-

well i feel cv trumps, rf/jbl/orion/audiobahn/kicker...
plus alot more....i just listed these close to cv as a equal....

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
well i feel cv trumps, rf/jbl/orion/audiobahn/kicker...
plus alot more....i just listed these close to cv as a equal....

What about Alpine? Say what you will about them being a name and all
BUT their products sound pretty damn clean with no extra hiss or other
extraneous noise being introduced.
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

well chris..i'm talking about amps now...speakers too i guess.... as far
as ''c.v'' being a leader.....
i'd put alpine above average in head units n eqs...
or the brains if you will...amps too..but cant compare with cv i'm guess
on speakers/amps....lol
you see chris its like this. as far as equipment goes..if i dont own
it..i dont want it..lol
i think it just doesnt cut it for what theyre charging...
but theres so much to pick..i always wanted to try alphasonik/pioneer
amps, but.
just wasnt in the cards i guess..... oh' infinity/hifonic amps too

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
well chris..i'm talking about amps now...speakers too i guess.... as far
as ''c.v'' being a leader.....
i'd put alpine above average in head units n eqs...
or the brains if you will...amps too..but cant compare with cv i'm guess
on speakers/amps....lol
you see chris its like this. as far as equipment goes..if i dont own
it..i dont want it..lol
i think it just doesnt cut it for what theyre charging...
but theres so much to pick..i always wanted to try alphasonik/pioneer
amps, but.
just wasnt in the cards i guess..... oh' infinity/hifonic amps too

So have you tried the CV amp yet? I am curious as to how good it is in
terms of sound quality and noise rejection.

From 1998 to 2000 I owned a problematic Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp
that would introduce noise no matter which vehicle it was installed in.
Basically with nothing hooked up to it except power and the remote
turn on, it would emit a weird hiss, no matter how high/low the gains
were. The amp was sent back to RF several times, only for them to send
it back to me telling me that nothing was wrong with it. I ended up
giving that amp to a family member and going with a Coustic amp that did
not have any noise issues. Oddly, the RF cost about 3x as much, had
issues, but sounded a little cleaner except for the weird
buzzing/hissing sound. I guess the point I am trying to make is that
sound quality can surprise you at times, regardless of cost.
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

rf HahAHAhaHA..... enough said......
i myself would never tell any1 i really bought one of the most
advertised amps in historyy....lol
i'm sure they were ok..but advertised as 1 of the best amp ever
built...lol
dont think so.....
didnt like their speakers either.....