Posted to rec.audio.car
dezinewiz dezinewiz is offline

Default Precision Audio - THEY ARE MORONS!!

Precision Sound on 823 Pico in Santa Monica, CA = TRASH!!

This car audio installation company has the worst professionalism of
any company that I have ever dealt with.

My experience with these screw ups is as follows :

I was first referred to them by my local Saturn dealership. They said
that they do good work. Being that my experience with Saturn has been
darn near flawless, I trusted them. I love Saturn, and I love their
products.

The bluetooth product that I own is made by a company that I have
never heard of - Parrot, but Saturn ensured me that it was good. After
reviewing the features, and seeing a physical dummy model, who was I
to argue? It looked great.

So, when I get the car back the first time around, I am waiting at the
Saturn repair department. The repair department and the dealership are
close to one another, but in two separate locations. Precision Sound
said that they would have the car back to the repair department by
four p.m. of that day. So, I go, am on time, and am waiting around.
The manager calls them, and they inform him that it will be another
thirty to forty five minutes!! Five rolls around, then six. The repair
department closes at six. Still no vehicle.
The manager calls them, and the moronic, half wit idiots RETURNED THE
CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP!! The repair department is waiting to close, and
we are all sitting around there like idiots!

The repair department then had to drive me to the dealership to get my
car.

Trusting that, at the very least, my equipment would work right, I
drove it off. Not to mention the fact that I was late for a very
important appointment.

What do I discover?

My Onstar, my XM radio, and my volume/mute controls on the steering
wheel ALL FAIL TO WORK!! As you can imagine, I was furious.

Interestingly enough, the bluetooth worked fine. (This part’s
important..) When I had the regular radio playing, and made a call,
all speakers in the car muted, so that the call could come through.

I must say that the pairing process was flawless. I also don’t have to
re-pair every time I get in the car.
Thank you Apple, and Parrot!

During this whole process, Saturn is gracious enough to give me a
loaner car, while everything is being worked on.

So, I bring it back to Saturn, and leave it overnight.

When I pick it up the next day, yes, the Onstar, XM radio, steering
wheel controls, and regular radio all work.
When I make a call, the front speakers go silent, BUT THE REAR ONES DO
NOT!!!

You can see my reason for internet war, at this point!

So, NOW, I have to bring it back to the junk electronic shop, AFTER
the jerk off of a manager mentions that they have to ORDER ANOTHER
PART...

(Why, may I ask you??!! Why??!! I understand electrical engineering.
This makes no sense. Each system is discreet, and integrates directly
with the amplification system as such.
As well, if it worked before, why doesn’t it work now??)

So, here I am, FOR THE THIRD BLESSED TIME!!!

PRECISION (MORE LIKE BLURRY) AUDIO - YOU OWE ME BIG TIME!!!!

I AM NOT THROUGH WITH YOU!!!