Posted to rec.audio.car
ouroboros ouroboros is offline

Default Euro FM on US Car Radio

Hi,

so I just bought a Sony Sony MEX-BT2500 receiver for my car from a US
mail order site. Unfortunately it doesn't tune to most of my favourite
stations in the United Arab Emirates - everything seem to be working
fine otherwise though.

I see US radio's generally don't support RDS and I note now this radio
does not support European Tuning (0.5khz intervals) which I think the
UAE is based on. So is it time for a new radio from Eurozone or are
there any tricks you guys can recommend?

Cheers,

--
ouroboros

Posted to rec.audio.car
Richard[_3_] Richard[_3_] is offline

Most modern car radios have internal switches to change the tuning interval
and pre-emp from 70 micro sec to 50 micro sec (less treble boost on the
broadcast end outside of North America, which is better).

Also the AM band is broader in North America, but that is no big deal for
users outside of North America. Many North American FM radios support a form
of RDS but I think the systems are different.