Posted to rec.audio.car
Big Bruce Big Bruce is offline

Default Why does my Positive cable on my Suburban burn when I Use my 600W Amplifier?

You probably need dual batteries, if you don't already have them.

You're putting too much current through not enough wire to prevent
excess heat build-up.

Your amp should have its own power coming off a battery, through a fuse
or circuit breaker.

The wire coming from the alternator to the battery(s) should be at
least a big as the stock on was, with a good, tight connection.

You shouldn't take a feed directly off the alternator forr your sound
system, unless you already have changed it out fo for a super-heavy-duty
one that puts out plenty for your system, and have a good power filter
between the alternator and your system.

--
Big Bruce
Big Bruce's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=839