Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Roger Jones Roger Jones is offline

Default What's in a name? Changed!

Hi, Vacuumlanders,
I've decided to relinquish my pseudo-name, nom-de-plume, handle, or
whatever one calls it (was "Engineer"), and post under my own name
from now on... hope this works here! BTW, I am an EE of many decades
standing, now retired, so no subterfuge was involved... just a desire
for privacy and no spam. So, we'll see what happens. If, for any
reason, it does not work for me, I'll switch back.
Keep those classic radios playing!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
Cheers,
Roger (Jones, P.Eng, SMIEEE)
Canada (Toronto area)
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson[_2_] Ian Iveson[_2_] is offline

On Dec 22, 10:10*pm, Roger Jones wrote:
Hi, Vacuumlanders,
I've decided to relinquish my pseudo-name, nom-de-plume, handle, or
whatever one calls it (was "Engineer"), and post under my own name
from now on... hope this works here! *BTW, I am an EE of many decades
standing, now retired, so no subterfuge was involved... just a desire
for privacy and no spam. *So, we'll see what happens. *If, for any
reason, it does not work for me, I'll switch back.
Keep those classic radios playing!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
Cheers,
Roger (Jones, P.Eng, SMIEEE)
Canada (Toronto area)

We already knew you are an engineer called Rodger. "Jones" doesn't add
much information.

Canada is a bit interesting. I assumed you must be a Scot, but on
reflection I don't know why. I guessed you weren't from the US because
engineers there are train drivers like your namesake, Casey.

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Dec 24, 12:36*pm, Ian Iveson wrote:
[...]

Hi, Ian,
What, too many Joneses?! Anyway, not quite... no "d" in Roger and no
Scot, either! (although I am 25% Celt - Welsh and Irish.) I was
originally from the UK, West London, and did my B.Sc(Eng) and M.Phil.
at Imperial in EE.
Unlike the UK, we have "reserve of title" for engineers in Canada, you
need the P.Eng. licence to practice.
Happy New Year!
Cheers (with a pint of HSB),
Roger
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Dec 25, 6:40*pm, Roger Jones wrote:
[...]

Correction... too much egg nog!
That should be 25% Welsh and 25% Irish = 50% Celt!
Ho, Ho, Ho.
Cheers,
Roger