Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson[_2_] Ian Iveson[_2_] is offline

Default The Ether

Would a valve work at the dawn of time?

Who would have thought that the answer to the great mystery of the
cosmos was staring us in the face all along?

I can spell thermionic but not the word that comes before "tube".
That's why I stuck with "valve". It's not just patriotism, it's a
matter of science. A tube must always be full of something.

There's a lot of excitement about the Higgs Bosun. Much more so than
with the neutrino anomoly. This looks like a sign, not of what has
been proven and what has not, but of what science expects to find. The
Higgs fits, the speeding neutrino doesn't.

On the face of it the Higgs would be a huge success for materialists.
We objected to the idea of empty space from the start, for the obvious
reason that it has no material reality.

Much more significant could be a great leap forward for the Dialectic.
Some professor was on the radio saying that the concept of
"supersymmetry" could become virtually unassailable. Everything has
it's equal but opposite counterpart. The great thing about
supersymmetry is that it elevates opposition to the status of an
explaining principle, rather than a phenomenon requiring explanation.
Science then has no need to explain why the very large behaves so
differently from the very small, because it can simply identify the
two realms as opposites. Science itself, if you will, would be
expected to comprise two opposite parts. Job done. Now we know
everything.

To paraphrase Lennin, grasp the Dialectic and you're more than half
way there. Matierialsm is the easy part.

Who better to answer the Great Question of All Time but the Butcher?
Patrick, pack up a couple of valves and your trusty power supply, and
take yourself off to the Dawn of Time, please. You'll need a change of
clothes perhaps. There's no use supposing, we need a proper
experiment.

Do valves work without the Higgs Bosun?

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Ian Iveson"

There's a lot of excitement about the Higgs Bosun.

** Do you know a bosun called Higgs?

Bit of a mysterious character - right ?

.... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson[_2_] Ian Iveson[_2_] is offline

On Dec 14, 6:37*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"Ian Iveson"

There's a lot of excitement about the Higgs Bosun.

** Do you know a bosun called Higgs?

* * *Bit of a mysterious character *- * right ?

... * Phil

Boson.

Comes from Bose-Einstein apparently.

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

English English is obsolete and has been since the end of Empire.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:07:58 -0800 (PST), wrote:

English English is obsolete and has been since the end of Empire.

The ******* children are faring well, but the parent is still alive
and strong. Just ask any American teenage girl who she likes to listen
to.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Who better to answer the Great Question of All Time but the Butcher?
Patrick, pack up a couple of valves and your trusty power supply, and
take yourself off to the Dawn of Time, please. You'll need a change of
clothes perhaps. There's no use supposing, we need a proper
experiment.

Do valves work without the Higgs Bosun?

Ian

By the time I could travel back in time to
0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000001
seconds after the Big Bang, ie, the Dawn of Tyme, I'd not only need a
change of clothes but a change of underwear' all those Gs and radation
thingemes would have at least given me a good dose of the ****z.
I'm no expert, but space can't be empty. Its like a Stray Wheelbarrow.
If ya park a stray empty barra by the road side just to watch wot
'appens to it, it might get smashed to bits by a drunk driver, stolen,
or some ******* will put somink in it, mos' likely rubbish, expectin'
some ******* to wheel it away, with rubbish.

Anyway, Space and Time and all those pesky dimensions are all a huge
mystery, and we have almost zero idea about It All. The Popes got this
stooooopid idea they knew best, and to proove a point they killed
Bruno, and so prooved nothing in fact except that Popes could be A
grade arsoles. I'd reckon if they ever doo discover a particle
responsible for Tyme, it'll sure fetch a good price, because every
******* will wanta buy one to travel back to how they were at 25, and
get a decent replay of Lyfe, and root the shielas who they missed out
on.

We need to have open minds, and to know more we need to look further,
except that to proceed further to what we think is OUT THERE or
further down in size to what is IN THERE is costing exponential sums
of money which could be better spent on say, fixing the roads,
eliminating 1,001 problems which make Life on Earth likely to change
from the cuddly world we know to a snarling tyrant.

God knows all the answers they might say, but God can't be defined any
more than infinity taken to the umptenth power, so the idea that God
knows stuff at all makes utter nonsense, because we have to remain
ignorant about God, unless we become God, which is most unlikely.

Jus' be good, or I'll rip ya bloody arm orf!

Aunty Jack woz rite.

Patrick Turner