Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Brook 10C.

Flipper is most determined to maintain he is right without proving he
is.

I said before....

Flipper seems determined to display his stupidity.

Says the one who can't read a patent.

I've read the Brook patent.

What you've said above is all red-herring stuff.

Crap

YOU MUST BUILD THE BROOK 10C TO DISPLAY TO US YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
TALKING ABOUT.

No, I don't. And I've explained why in terms so clear and plain even a
3 year old could grasp it. That, of course, doesn't mean you can.

Well then because you are so stubborn, the world will never take you
seriously.

You just cannot get the world to agree you are correct, without
proving it.

By the way, where did you come up with the idea that i'm Lord Turner?

It's fewer keystrokes than self aggrandizing arrogant jackass.

snip jackass gibberish

You hate me because I see right through your methodology which fails
dismally to adhere to the Scientifc Method.

You know that I have suggested I could be wrong about Brook's bias
control, and until I prove what I've said, i have only expressed an
opinion.
Everyone knows this. And because of this, nobody could conclude you
are correct, or that your opinion is fact.

But you want to insist your opinion is fact, and there is just no REAL
evidence to support your opinion because you have not, and will not
spend a day to build a real working sample of a Brook amp, ie, maybe
convert an existing amp to be equal to a PP triode Brook 10C, and wire
up just one 6SN7, then measure everything in an open minded manner
with no attempt to try to fudge the test results to support a wrong
opinion. And you have to present your workings as an easily understood
document for your website, and basically, with a similar level of
information as in the brook 10C patent, which, IMHO, is a misleading
amount of words by lawyers,
and which may not describe what you may discover about the Brook 10C
bias control.

If you want to continue to be seen as a brainless dickhead, then just
continue as you are, thinking you are right, and never ever doubting
yourself, fooling both yourself and an un-thinking band of followers,
while all those with real intelligence will laugh at you.

All you have to do to escape my reasonable expectation that you prove
you are right after saying you are is to admit you could be possibly
incorrect.

It would appear there is no room in your mind that you could ever
possibly be wrong, and whilever that seems to be the case, I'll always
point this out to all, just so they just won't believe you, and become
fooled.

It means then that the truth then remains hidden if nobody builds a
Brook 10C biasing circuit and does not do the work to test it
properly.

I won't fly on a rocket you design until you have built and tested it
properly. I don't have to care what your patent says, but of course
I'd prefer it to describe the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but
the truth.

Patrick Turner.
Aquinas Aquinas is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Turner View Post
[...]

.
After building a pair of Brook 12as I would like to build the Brook 10c. However I've run into a bit of a snag with having the transformers wound. Seems the winder needs to know the current requirements for the secondary of the power transformer (700v ct ???a). This would effect the size of all other transformers in the amp. I have a Sam', which I'll share, but it says the requirement is .083a which even I can see is too low. My wild a** guess is about 200ma but I'd thought I'd throw this out to you as I've noticed there a lot of people here way smarter than myself.

Last edited by Aquinas : November 23rd 11 at 07:39 AM
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Nov 22, 9:22*pm, Aquinas wrote:
Patrick Turner;942576 Wrote:

snip for brevity

After building a pair of Brook 12as I would like to build the Brook 10c.
However I've run into a bit of a snag with having the transformers
wound. Seems the winder needs to know the current requirements for the
secondary of the power transformer (700v ct ???a). This would effect the
size of all other transformers in the amp. I have a Sam', which I'll
share, but it says the requirement is .083a which even I can see is too
low. My wild a** guess is about 200ma but I'd thought I'd throw this out
to you as I've noticed there a lot of people here way smarter than
myself.

Is the 12A circuit the same as at http://www.triodeel.com/brook12a.gif
?

That tells you all the Vdc voltages in the circuit, B+ seems to be
275V,
and if 2A3 Pda is 10W, then Ia at idle = 37mA, so 3 need 74mA for the
class A operation.

But the Brook 10C is a more powerful amp to make 30W, class AB2. Data
says Ea = +325V max for 2A3 AB operation. B+ will be about the same
for 6B4 or 6A3 or 2A3. Ia would be about 30mA at idle, so 60mA for 2
tubes, but in class AB max the Idc will more than double.

I would make the HT rated for 200mA dc.

A PT with 350-0-350 HT would give about +385V with a 5U4 or 5AS4, with
5AR4 giving higher Vdc. +385V is a bit too high, 325-0-325 gives
+357Vdc at 30uF resevoir cap. This cap can be reduced in value to
allow higher Vripple to trim the final B+ supply voltage. But the B+
regulation will be poorer, and the correct type of B+ supply for a
class AB2 amp like the Brook 10C would have a choke input, maybe 30H
max, and then you'd HT of perhaps 385-0-385, because B+ would be
+327V. Regulation will be better than cap input filter,
but nothing will beat a couple of Silicon diodes, and HT can be
250-0-250, to get +325Vdc.

So there are a number of options, and the best solution may be to have
to have the HT winding with taps to give 390V, 370V, 350V, 330V, 310V,
290V, 270V, 250V, each side of the CT. A tap at 50V might be wise for
fixed bias, although this may be wrong, maybe a tap at 100V, not sure.
In any case a winder guy will wanna charge heaps for the taps. The
taps will allow 300B to be used, or any other multigrid strapped as a
triode, or used in UL, whatever.

If you are copying a Brook 10C, then you need to very carefully work
it all out. I can't suddenly and magically give you a parts list now.
Ppl here are expected to gain experience and knowledge so they can
rely on themselves.

I recall Hammond make a lotta PTs, some to suit 2A3.

Patrick Turner.

Brook 10C's MarkS Vacuum Tubes 66 November 20th 11 06:54 PM
Brook sliding bias operation. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 4 April 2nd 08 10:16 AM
Brook amplifiers, sliding bias. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 8 April 2nd 08 12:01 AM