Kevin Killebrew

Default Sherwood Tuner Dial string

I'm trying to restore my Sherwood S8000 and all is going well
electronically, but the string that moves the tuner dial is broken in two
pieces and the only way to tune stations is to manually move the ganged
varialbe cap by hand, and this requires the case be off the amp.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement and perhaps some help on how to
re-install it? Thanks.

Kevin Killebrew
Austin, Texas

tubesforall

I noticed that the carpet stiching twill my wife uses in vintage upholstery
restoration looks about the same diameter and strength--and it has to last
for years under harsh use as well. You can probably get a piece for free
from a upholstery supply store.

Otherwise RadioDaze www. radiodaze.com sells it.

"Kevin Killebrew" wrote in message
I'm trying to restore my Sherwood S8000 and all is going well
electronically, but the string that moves the tuner dial is broken in two
pieces and the only way to tune stations is to manually move the ganged
varialbe cap by hand, and this requires the case be off the amp.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement and perhaps some help on how
to re-install it? Thanks.

Kevin Killebrew
Austin, Texas

Bill Boyd Bill Boyd is offline
Junior Member

Dial string is available from Antique Electronics Supply too in Tempe, AZ, BTW, I have a couple of Sherwood s8000s I'm restoring too - my earlier one actually doesn't match the SAMS schematic I have (it's a later model of the original S8000), and in fact the tube pinouts for the MPX section don't even match the chart glued on the chassis! Does anyone have a schematic for the S8000II model? I have a schem for the S8000III but it's a different MPX section as well.

thanks,
Bill Boyd
Cary, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubesforall View Post