Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
[email protected] me@privacy.net is offline

Default FS: Sunfire Load Invariant Stereo Amplifier

This is a MINT condition--physically and electronically--Carver/Sunfire
stereo amp. It delivers 600 w/ch. into 8 ohms, 1200 w/ch. into 4 ohms.
NO rust or corrosion anywhere on its pristine body; it spent most of
its life in the wonderful dry climate of Phoenix, AZ!

Just in case you don't know this amp, it has THREE input connections:
Lab Direct, Normal, and Balanced. Lab Direct couples D. C. from input
to output; Normal, the amp does not respond to D. C. voltages; and,
Balanced--I'm not sure I understand how all this is used, but I'll bet
Bob Carver can explain it to you!

It has two different output connections: Current Source for capacitive
loads such as electrostatic, planar, or ribbon speakers; Voltage Source
for cone-type speakers. OR, you can bi-wi Current Source for
mid-range and tweeters, Voltage Source for woofers. In addition, you can
bridge the amp for mono output.

I have the original owner's manual as well.

Black metal case with a single meter to indicate power supply joules.
Dimensions: 19" W x 15" D x 6 1/2" H, weighs 43 lbs.

Why am I selling this top-notch gear? Well, I'm in the midst of
down-sizing house and stereo/video gear.

I have pictures I can send you if interested. Sorry, I don't have a web
site. You can contact me at borgia dot stick at yahoo dot com.

I DO NOT have the original box for shipping. I live in the Chattanooga,
TN, area, so if you live near Knoxville, Nashville, Atlanta, or
Birmingham, we could arrange to meet at halfway points if you would
prefer direct pickup.

Oh, what do I want for this jewel? Well, new it cost $2,300. It is
about 15 years old. So, I'd like to get $1,000 for it. One of the
famous on-line audio sellers (won't mention their name) sold one which
was NOT in mint condition for $700. The other famous seller doesn't
even have one listed.
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

wrote:
[...]

OOPS! Must have been not had my eyes open wide enough when reading the
specs!

That should read: 300 w/ch. into 8 ohms, 600 w/ch. into 4 ohms.

Sorry 'bout that.
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

wrote:
[...]

OOPS! Must not have had my eyes open when I copied the specs. That
should be: