Posted to rec.audio.car
M OSFET M OSFET is offline

Default SOOOOO off the subject....

There's very little happening on this newgroup AND I happen to know there
are some VERY bright guys who peruse this site.

With this in mind, I am going to share with you a delima I have been engaged
in for over 20 years: What EXACTLY is GRAVITY.

Yes, I know, this has nothing to do with Car audio but I know there are some
very bright folks who read these posts and I'm curious what some of you
might think.

Sir Issac Newton wrote the "owner's manual" about gravity. We can send
ships to the moon, predict projectile paths, and send probes throughout the
solar system and beyond.

He wrote the "owner's manual", but NO ONE has deduced what gravity ACTUALLY
is (the scematics of gravity ACTUALLY is). I exchanged many emails with
porffessors from CalTech and UCLA. But there is no conensus. What
FACINATES me about this issue is that gravity is such an important part of
our life, yet we have NO IDEA the mechanics, or the medium, in which gravity
operates. Enstein postulated (and this is my beliefe as well) that all
matter is drawn to all other matter (falling towards it) in the fourth
dimension space/time. This is why we do not percieve this accelerated
motion because it is a warping of space/time and we are not able to percieve
this "falling" motion b/c it is occuring in the 4th dimensions.

Other physists believe all matter emitts "gravitons" that are ALWAYS
atractive in nature (unlike the elctron and neutron). YET WE HAVE NEVER
DETECTED A GRAVATON. That wouldn't be surprising as it's obviously not
electromagnetic, invisable, and we may just plain lack the technology to
detect a graviton.

I feel a warping of space/time is more elegant though it is VERY hard to
wrap your head around it. We are accelerating toward the earth in the
fourth dimension. Again, because we can't perceive the fourth dimension, we
are not aware of the accelerated motion.

It's intesting to note how physisits try their best to ignore the mystery.
YET IT'S SO DAMN IMPORTANT. We depend on gravity every single day, BUT WE
DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IT IS!!!

Instead, physisits focus on mathatical propertise of gravity itself, and
call that good enough.

The fact that gravity PERFECTLY duplicates accelerated motion again makes me
believe it is a falling (all matter to all other matter) that occurs in the
fourth dimension, space/time.

But I have spent countless hours reading about this, exchanging Emails with
physisits, but again in our modern age it's absolutely INCEDIBLE we don't
understand one of the most important forces in the universe.

Anyway, if anybody has thoughts on this, I'd LOVE to hear them. This has
been a pet project for me for going on 20 years.

Take Care,
MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , "M OSFET" wrote:
There's very little happening on this newgroup AND I happen to know there
are some VERY bright guys who peruse this site.

With this in mind, I am going to share with you a delima I have been engaged
in for over 20 years: What EXACTLY is GRAVITY.

I don't know but back in the 80's there was an electronic magazine that had an article
about making a detector. I had doubt, but I was recording something that fit
the description in the article. I was recording symetrical waveforms
to a stripchart. The time interval varied from several minuites on up.
I never did it again. Here is that info....
http://amasci.com/freenrg/grav3.html

greg

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

This issue has confused and dumbfounded physists for decades now.
Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity as I mentioned before states that
gravity is a warping of space/time causing all matter to "fall" towards
other matter. The "classic" third dimensional representation of this is a
the taut rubber sheet with basketballs and so on that "fall" towards
one-another. However, this is, of course, is a poor model as there must be
"ordinary" gravity at work to make the model work. Since the model
represents gravity, the introduction of gravity itself TO MAKE IT WORK makes
it a poor model, HOWEVER, it is perhaps the best way to get your head around
it. You have to imagine the same model however it is the warping of
space/time that draws matter (like planets and suns) together.

Experiments have proven that gravity can "bend" light, therefore it's safe
to postulate that gravity DOES effect electromagnetic waves, but I tend to
believe this effect is very small as it takes a whole lot of gravity (light
traveling close to an enormous body or black hole) to effect light which is,
of course, a type of electromagnetic wave.

There have been many studies, primarily conducted at Caltech, to actually
detect gravitational waves or the "graviton", yet results remain tangential
at best.

Obviously, if there is a gravitational wave or graviton that all matter
projects and is ALWAYS attractive, it is going to be a VERY weak force,
unlike electromagnetism and the strong nuclear force. Perhaps we lack the
technology to detect such a weak force.

Again, I tend to always go back to the warping of spacetime as the cause of
gravity. For instance, we know clocks run slower when close to the earth.
Yes, gravitational waves "might" (because we have yet to detect a
gravitational wave or graviton) cause the same effect but as I stated
before, the theory of a warping of space/time seems more elegant.

But to your piece, Greg, having researched this, physists have yet to find
ANY connection between electromagnatism and gravity, other than very strong
gravitational effects can "bend" light. That's it.

Gravity is something completely different and as yet not fully understood.

MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "M OSFET"

wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Clarification....

It's true, Einstein originally postulated via his Unified Field Theory that
gravity SHOULD be a form of electromagnatism. But as stated in my previous
post, no connection has yet been found.

However, in his Special Theory of Relativity he postulated that gravity
could be a warping of space/time. Obviously, this was a VERY difficult
concept for other physists to grasp or perform experiments on. A more
"simple" explanation (i.e. gravitational waves or the graviton) was sought
that could be more easily understood and, more importantly, DETECTED.
Again, there are physists teaching RIGHT NOW at Calteach who still believe
in the Graviton or gravitational wave theory. Experiments in space are
still being conducted in an effort to detect gravitational waves.

But again, with all of our high technology, it astounds me there is yet a
consenus regarding this issue. AS it is clear, if gravitons or
gravitational waves exist, we may simply lack the technology or simply lack
the knowledge as far as WHAT THE HECK TO LOOK FOR. Again, for the last 100
years, intersteller waves have ALWAYS been electromagnetic in nature. Now
we are looking for a wave that is not, how the hell do we start?

And the relationship between accelerated motion and gravity is much too
similar to ignore. There MUST be a relationship. An "acceleration" in the
fourth dimension (and hence undetectable) would elegantly solve the riddle.

I am no genius. I am NOT going to solve this problem on my own. HOWEVER,
one of my many hopes is that we can solve this before I die. Perhaps a
Unified Theory of the Universe (beyond String theory) might shed light on
this issue. But if what I believe is true, we may never be able to perform
experiments to PROVE a warping of space/time is responsible for gravity.

I don't know. It hurts my brain. But as I said before, with all our modern
science, to understand so very little about a force that effects US ALL
everyday, every minute, is incredible to me. These obscure experiments we
perform using multi-billion dollar particle accelerators make me laugh.
It's like, well, we can't understand this HUGE, ENORMOUS mystery in the
universe, so let's study something virtually no one can understand nor will
have ANY effect on Joe Average's day to day life (unlike gravity).

But hey, research money has to be spent on SOMETHING that might yeild a
result, right?

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , "MOSFET" wrote:
It's true, Einstein originally postulated via his Unified Field Theory that
gravity SHOULD be a form of electromagnatism. But as stated in my previous
post, no connection has yet been found.

However, in his Special Theory of Relativity he postulated that gravity
could be a warping of space/time. Obviously, this was a VERY difficult
concept for other physists to grasp or perform experiments on. A more
"simple" explanation (i.e. gravitational waves or the graviton) was sought
that could be more easily understood and, more importantly, DETECTED.
Again, there are physists teaching RIGHT NOW at Calteach who still believe
in the Graviton or gravitational wave theory. Experiments in space are
still being conducted in an effort to detect gravitational waves.

I was just thinking about magnetism.

Back on track, its usually explained being attracted to large objects, but
could very well be, being pushed toward. Maybe its backwards ?
We are pushed into a black hole. Maybe there is a test for
this thats been allready been done..

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
[...]

Thats right. In the mass of the earth, it takes up space that dark energy would be, and
the dark energy, which makes up 74% of the Universe, pushes you down.

The really amazing thing is the size of matter. An atom is 99% empty space.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article ,

(GregS) wrote:
In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
[...]

Why are galaxies and solar systems mostly flat, and what gets them spinning, and do
they all go the same direction.

They say everything is moving away from each other, but why
are we going to crash into another galaxy ?

There is a Usenet group I found some time ago with a lot of experts.
I should go there to try and answer some of my stuff.!!
One of the Physics I believe. Some far out stuff there. FAR OUT.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article ,

(GregS) wrote:
In article ,

(GregS) wrote:
In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
[...]

Here is an amazing thing. It would take 100 billion peas to fill a stadium
representing the number of galaxies. It would take 100 billion stadiums filled with
100 billion peas representing stars. it would take 500 billion stadiums filled with 100 billion peas
possibly representing the number of planets.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

That's......ah......a lot of peas.
MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message

(GregS) wrote:
In article ,

(GregS) wrote:
In article ,

(GregS) wrote:
In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , "MOSFET" wrote:
Now that's a new approach to this mystery. Whenever I have thought of
gravity, I have always imagined objects being DRAWN together, whether by a
warping of space time or an emitting of an always-attractive-graviton
creating a gravitational wave.

I have never approached the subject from the perspective of objects being
"pushed" together, again, I always imagine objects being attracted to one
another.

Wow, that's thinking out of the box.

Perhaps the warping of spacetime creates a condition where all objects are
being pushed towards all other objects.

But as I said before, accelerated motion is the key. Eample: if I were to
build a rocket ship ala 2001 that was circular and spun to create artificial
gravity, the artificial gravity created would follow ALL of Newton's laws
perfectly (as long as it was spnning at exactly the right speed to emulate
the same gravity effects we feel on earth). THIS IS SIGNIFICANT. I can't
emphasize this point enough. I know it may seem basic (the "duh" factor),
but ALL his mathamatical equations regarding gravity would hold true on just
such a ship. This is an ENORMOUS clue regarding the nature of gravity.

Why is this so significant IMHO? If gravity is created by gravitational
fields, by creating gravity in a COMPLETLY different way, we would expect to
see at least some subtle variations on gravities effects. But we don't.
Gravity PERFECTLY mimics accelerated motion in space.

Accelerated motion is the key to this riddle, I really believe it is. As I
said before, you, myself and the earth all create a warping of spacetime in
the fourth dimension and this warping creates this accelerated motion
effect. We don't percieve this accelerated motion because we don't percieve
the fourth dimension (space/time). But we do perceive the results which
are, of cource, gravity.

Again, it is tough to get your head around this and so a more tangible
explanation has been sought for over 80 years now. It would be MUCH easier
to understand gravity if it were a wave or particle that all matter emitted
and was always attractive. Again, I know physists teaching at Caltech RIGHT
NOW who still believe in the graviton theory. For a physist, this is a much
more attractive theory as it is A) easier to understand and B) there is a
hope that we may someday detect the graviton.

MOSFET

Very good point.

I thought my push theory was pretty cool.

We don't know anything about dark energy. Perhaps
when they start that thing going in Europe we will know more.

greg

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "MOSFET"

wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

[...]

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "MOSFET"

wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I haven't done a whole lot of research regarding the nature of dark matter.
I DO know that a major proportion of all matter in the universe is composed
of dark matter. The existance of dark matter, from what I understand, is
necessary when postulating the size, age, lifespan, gravitational effects,
ect. of the universe. In other words, in order for the universe to exist in
it's present size and context (expanding, but the expansion slowing), the
existance of an ENORMOUS amount of dark matter MUST be present. That is how
we KNOW it must exist.

HOWEVER, as I've often pointed out to friends of mine when this subject
comes up (and with my middle-age nerdy friends, you'd be surprised how often
this subject actually DOES come up), if too much dark matter existed in the
universe, how would we be able to see EXTREMELLY distant objects? I mean,
from everything I have read about dark matter, most of the matter in the
universe is composed of dark matter. Again, physists base this on
observations dark matter seems to have on the gravitational effects on
galaxies AND the need for dark matter to exist in order to explain the
beginning, middle, and end of the universe.

MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "MOSFET"

wrote:
[...]

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "MOSFET"

(no subject) slugman Tech 0 April 3rd 05 07:31 AM
No Subject Pro Audio 0 December 30th 04 01:00 AM
(no subject) Slawko Waskeba Vacuum Tubes 4 November 19th 04 08:42 AM
Still no subject ! Lionel Audio Opinions 1 September 15th 03 12:36 AM