alpine user alpine user is offline
Junior Member

Smile 9884 sound help

Hi everyone ,could you help an old guy out with some sound help? I just bought a 9884 alpine hu and a mrp 500 alpine 1 channel amp , I have a 10" sub,2 6x9 pioneers and 2 4 1-2 polk audio speakers hooked to them , it sounds pretty good but i know it could sound better , any help would be appreciated
Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Default 7893 alpine no sound

Oh, so many options...

First off - you can run either RCA or amplified speakers without
interfering with each other. Hell, on my setup I have the front
speakers running off the line level (powered output) from the deck,
and the rear speakers running off of an amp (using RCAs).

Now, then - do you have a stock "upgraded" sound system in your car?
What I mean is, does your car already have an amplifier pushing the
speakers (bose or monsoon, perhaps)? If the answer to that is yes,
make sure that the remote lead is plugged in from the deck - otherwise
the amplifier won't know that it's time to turn on and you won't be
getting any sound...

~Mister.Lull

On Mar 19, 6:07*pm, alpine user
wrote:
I have a 7893 alpine hu and hooked it up but no sound. it has sub output
and front an rear output for rca jacks , i hooked up the speaker wires
and no sound, do the front an rear rca outputs have anything to do with
it?

thanks, any help would be
appreciated.

--
alpine user

alpine user alpine user is offline
Junior Member

thanks ~Mister.Lull
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Again, Lull is right on track. There are actually so many different things
that can be causing this. it is really hard to diagnose from the information
you have given us. I mean, it could be a bad ground, your B+ and ignition
wires could be connected incorrectly. The speaker wires could be connected
incorrectly.

More info would allow us to better help solve your problem. For instance,
from your question it's not even clear whether you are using an outboard
amplifier or not.

Look, I REALLY don't mean to come off as a jerk, but there are just SO MANY
things that can go wrong with a system, it is difficult when your only
description is that your "speakers are connected and no sound."

I'll take a stab in the dark, however (and I mean a REAL stab in the dark),
if we assume you have connected all speaker, power, and ground wires
correctly (and I have no idea whether you have or have not, but I'll give
you the benefit of the doubt), one possibility is that you have the
internal amplifier of your Alpine in the "off" position. Alpine decks give
you the option of turning off their internal amplifiers if you choose to use
ALL outboard amps (as I have done with my Alpine decks). Check your owner's
manual but their is a function in one of the menus that should read "IC On".
This means the internal amplifier is working and this is what you want if
you plan to run your speakers off of your Alpine directly.

Why do they give you an option to turn the internal Alpine HU amplifier off?
Well, the theory is that if off, power resources can be directed towards a
higher output voltage (you'll have to do your own reasearch on why you want
this, I don't feel like typing all night).

Anyway, hope this helps,

MOSFET

wrote:
I have a 7893 alpine hu and hooked it up but no sound. it has sub output
and front an rear output for rca jacks , i hooked up the speaker wires
and no sound, do the front an rear rca outputs have anything to do with
it?

thanks, any help would be
appreciated.

--
alpine user

alpine user alpine user is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSFET View Post

wrote:
I have a 7893 alpine hu and hooked it up but no sound. it has sub output
and front an rear output for rca jacks , i hooked up the speaker wires
and no sound, do the front an rear rca outputs have anything to do with
it?

thanks, any help would be
appreciated.

--
alpine user
thanks guys it has an internal amp the jeep that is.