Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default "TV Out" Feature on Sandisk Sansa View MP3 Player

I just received an early Christmas present - the aforementioned Sansa
View in 16Gb capacity. Since there doesn't appear to be a Usenet or
Google ng devoted to digital audio/mp3 players, this seems to be the
next most logical place to post this.

I dutifully downloaded the latest instruction manual in Adobe format
and followed all the instructions with regards to setting it up and
getting it going. All well and good. I converted some videos,
downloaded a ton of songs, some family photos. It's like a public
library/radio studio in your pocket!

Now, I was enthused by an option called "TV Out" in the Display sub-
directory of System Settings for the View, but there is only a
mention of available settings (Off/Auto/On-fulltime) for this feature
but not of what it actually DOES.

Am I correct to assume "TV Out" allows one to pipe audio/video to a
TV/
monitor with composite input jacks?? And why doesn't Sandisk explain
this in the instructions/specs/feature list?

-CC