Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

Default better amp?

who makes a better product? Pioneer, jvc, cerwin vega, INFiNiTy?????

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
who makes a better product? Pioneer, jvc, cerwin vega, INFiNiTy?????

You should be able to answer that question for us! Don't you have all
of those products?
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

nope...just got cv

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

i guess these amps are above what youre use to...lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
i guess these amps are above what youre use to...lol

Actually, they are BELOW what I am used to! I just started to collect
old Linear Power and Orion amplifiers made in the USA!

I'll tell you why I don't use your choices.

Pioneer - good name, but I don't like how they tend to rate their lower
line of amps at MAX power as a selling point instead of RMS power which
is 1/4 to 1/3 of MAX. Their higher dollar line is good, but for the
money, there are better choices at the higher end of the car audio
spectrum (Mmats Pro Audio, Sundown, Zapco, Arc Audio, etc.).

Cerwin Vega - never gave much thought to them and I am still waiting on
your review! At least they are cheap... Of course, some of their amps
share the same circuit board as Clarion and Arc Audio amps. Of course
the Arc Audio snobs will curse you for even mentioning this fact.

Infinity - love their Kappa line of speakers but never tried their amps.
Since they are a Harmon holding, I would guess their amps are similar
in design/build quality to the JBL line of amps.

JVC - Name one innovative product made by JVC regarding car audio in the
last 5 years. JVC is almost extinct in the realm of car audio products
and has been banished to the shelves of Wal*Marts everywhere. JVC was
great in the late 80s early 90s but now they have taken a back seat to
just about everyone.

With the exception of JVC, I would not mind owning amps by the
manufacturers that you listed in your original post. It is our money
and we can do whatever we want with it!

-Chris