Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

Default be careful.

these guys are pushing gear thats high priced but not top picks...
you can get all the amps you need from boss-r-profile-r- alphasonik-r
cv.....subs, pioneer-r-infinity.
dont waste time looking nowheres else.....lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
these guys are pushing gear thats high priced but not top picks...
you can get all the amps you need from boss-r-profile-r- alphasonik-r
cv.....subs, pioneer-r-infinity.
dont waste time looking nowheres else.....lol

I managed to get some decent deals lately just by being a member on some
of the various forums.

I picked up:

2 JL Audio 10W3V2 subs, a Nissan Titan box, and a Rockford Fosgate Punch
P5002 locally for $200

A Bass Slammers dual 10" enclosure for $22.12 shipped to my house!

A used Memphis PR16-1.5 KD for $180 shipped (750 @4 ohms and 1500 @ 2
ohms). Sure it is rated at 1.5% THD, but that is plenty of power for my
application.

I also purchased a Kicker Solobaric L5 in the ported Kicker enclosure
for $150 NIB on closeout!

Cadence is also having a blowout on some of their amps:

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...&idproduct=478

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...&idproduct=480

I guess what I am getting at is if you play your cards right, you can
find great deals anywhere, new or used!
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

JL...hAHAhahAHAha. ty for proving my point.
i can buy 2 pioneers for less..n pioneer subs are the best made on the
planet.....lol
i'm not saying they cant break or the highest power handling.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

i just bought 2 cv amps..150rms x2. each.$180 total. new. 600rms total.
05thd.
hAHAhaHa......

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
JL...hAHAhahAHAha. ty for proving my point.
i can buy 2 pioneers for less..n pioneer subs are the best made on the
planet.....lol
i'm not saying they cant break or the highest power handling.

Actually, I forget the model, but Pioneer has a 10" sub that is
overlooked and I would rate it better than the JL Audio. Dammit, now
you are going to make me look for the model...

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
i just bought 2 cv amps..150rms x2. each.$180 total. new. 600rms total.
05thd.
hAHAhaHa......

Yeah, but your CV amp will NOT drive my Solo-baric L5 without catching
on fire!
Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

ChrisB wrote:
bob wald wrote:
JL...hAHAhahAHAha. ty for proving my point.
i can buy 2 pioneers for less..n pioneer subs are the best made on the
planet.....lol
i'm not saying they cant break or the highest power handling.

Actually, I forget the model, but Pioneer has a 10" sub that is
overlooked and I would rate it better than the JL Audio. Dammit, now
you are going to make me look for the model...

It is the Pioneer Champion Pro Series!
Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
i just bought 2 cv amps..150rms x2. each.$180 total. new. 600rms total.
05thd.
hAHAhaHa......

Hmm, I am going to have to call BS on this one. Almost all the latest
Cerwin Vega Car amps I have seen of late are rated at .1% THD NOT .05%.
I think I will take a Class D amp over the AB design that CV tends to
use with their latest and greatest creations.

What is the model number of the CV amp that is rated at .05% THD?
Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin John Durbin is offline

Who cares? BW is an idiot, and the difference between 0.1% and 0.05% is
entirely inaudible, much less in a moving vehicle.

JD

ChrisB wrote:
bob wald wrote:

i just bought 2 cv amps..150rms x2. each.$180 total. new. 600rms total.
05thd.
hAHAhaHa......

Hmm, I am going to have to call BS on this one. Almost all the latest
Cerwin Vega Car amps I have seen of late are rated at .1% THD NOT .05%.
I think I will take a Class D amp over the AB design that CV tends to
use with their latest and greatest creations.

What is the model number of the CV amp that is rated at .05% THD?

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

cv xl 300.4

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
cv xl 300.4

I was correct in one aspect because there is NO WAY that amp would
produce enough power to drive my 12" Solo-baric L5!

On the other hand, I bet it would make a decent amp for running the high
frequency speakers. Did you ever hook any of your CV amps up to test
the quality of their sound?
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

not yet.... engine troubles...so say the magic words......''you were
right,i was wrong.''lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
not yet.... engine troubles...so say the magic words......''you were
right,i was wrong.''lol

Fine, if it makes you happy, you were right and I was wrong! There, I
said it.

Now, I am going to start a ****storm. Most people don't know or don't
want to believe this, but certain Cerwin Vega amps have the same board
as ARC Audio amps which are manufactured by Tunpo Electrical HK Co. In
other words, do your research before you overpay for a name!
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

never heard of arc amps. must be pretty good.

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

bob wald wrote:
never heard of arc amps. must be pretty good.

Damn, which rock have you been under? (j/k lol). Chip Foose uses them
exclusively in his Overhaulin vehicles.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

sorry dont know chip,